Hello from the distant past

bobnoxious

Name
Bob Huddleston
Just wanted to pop in and say "hello!" It's been forever since I've been on the boards. All of the boards have changed a lot, and it looks like there are really only two boards with much traffic, and this is one of them. I spent the last four years as a full-time student trying to get a bachelors degree so I could go to law school. Well, I graduated magna c. laude with university honors with a degree in legal and political philosophy and I start law school in a month. I'll be back with the family business part time and working to integrate what I learn in law school with my brother's operations. By the way, how many posters from the early 2000s are still hanging around and remember good old Mr. Coffee?

Cheers!

Bob

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just wanted to pop in and say "hello!" It's been forever since I've been on the boards. All of the boards have changed a lot, and it looks like there are really only two boards with much traffic, and this is one of them. I spent the last four years as a full-time student trying to get a bachelors degree so I could go to law school. Well, I graduated magna c. laude with university honors with a degree in legal and political philosophy and I start law school in a month. I'll be back with the family business part time and working to integrate what I learn in law school with my brother's operations. By the way, how many posters from the early 2000s are still hanging around and remember good old Mr. Coffee?

Cheers!

Bob

Good on you Mr Coffee! This business will wear you out unless you have someone working for you.

God luck in your Law career.

Reactions: millbiller01

bobnoxious

Name
Bob Huddleston
Hey, Doc! Yep, back when the Red board had a ton of traffic and the board gorillas beat up on dumb newbies (as opposed to the ones who new how to use the search feature) regularly.

I don't think I'll be getting a raise, but I do expect I'll be doing some project work in the relatively near future. :winky:

I figured I needed to find a career that requires a LOT less physical labor for a longer earning period, though I never really did much of that to begin with.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Welcome back Bob.

I was a relative newbie on the boards back then but I remember the name. :winky:

ShortyDownUnder. :yoda:

Reactions: millbiller01

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hey, Doc! Yep, back when the Red board had a ton of traffic and the board gorillas beat up on dumb newbies (as opposed to the ones who new how to use the search feature) regularly.

I don't think I'll be getting a raise, but I do expect I'll be doing some project work in the relatively near future. :winky:

I figured I needed to find a career that requires a LOT less physical labor for a longer earning period, though I never really did much of that to begin with.
Once you become an attorney, take it easy on the restoration guys! :winky:

Good luck!

bobnoxious

Name
Bob Huddleston
Take it easy on the restoration guys? Fella, I'm hoping to parley my past experience into serving the cleaning and restoration market. Certified Restorer (lapsed, but not forgotten), and all the IICRC certs (lapsed, and also not forgotten) and the shared experiences have got to count for something when it comes to building that clientele base. :biggrin:

Hey there kiwi! I remember you too.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ah, Mr Commonsense as I remember. How'r they hangin Bob? I remember you beating the bark off of the rightistas back in the day. Good to see you back!

bobnoxious

Name
Bob Huddleston
Hey there, Willie! Yep, that'd be me - $hit$tirrer extraordinaire!

Thanks for the welcome, Mike. How've you been doing (looks like you're doing pretty well)?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Hey there kiwi! I remember you too.
:dejection: :stir:

Bloody hell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yer talkin' about Eric Stewart. :winky:

I comes from Cairns, Far North Queensland which is in the former penal colony of Australia. :very_drunk:

:yoda:

PS:: Still good to see you here. :lol:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
hi Bob! i'd always pictured you as a guy in his late 50's with a nick like mr. Coffee. but now that your a student....how old a fella are ya?

congrats and good to see you.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Hi Bob,

You're right. A serious blast from the past. It's been 13 years since you and Curtis were at SFS. (I had to check.) And I still well remember "Mr. Coffee"!

I hope things go well for you in the legal profession. I don't have the patience for that stuff but my hat is off to those who do!

Steve

PS Say hi to Curtis for me and tell him to get himself back to SFS. He won't recognize the place plus we now have added Big Billy Yeadon to the lineup since 2001.

bobnoxious

Name
Bob Huddleston
Hey there, pigfarmer Sutley! How have you been? Steve, I'll relay that message to Curtis when I see him next. Derek, I'm a spry 47 years old and plan on living forever. I finally quit smoking I've been cigarette free since February 27th of this year. Using E-cigarettes and very slowly weaning myself off of the nicotine.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Impressive,

Anyone else know about this yet?

Time machines are serious bidnezz mister!

bobnoxious

Name
Bob Huddleston
Lisa! (HUG)
I decided to take your advice and check out the Rubber Room. I was immediately shocked to find out that this 47 year old, white, heterosexual male...lacked sufficient *privilege* to enter. :frown:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Lisa! (HUG)
I decided to take your advice and check out the Rubber Room. I was immediately shocked to find out that this 47 year old, white, heterosexual male...lacked sufficient *privilege* to enter. :frown:

That place has been known to turn men to women and vice versa : )

harryhides

Name
Tony
Hi Bob, it certainly has been a loooooooooooooooooooong time and congrats on becoming a legal beagle.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom