Hello

clarkecombi

Howdy! My names David Barnett, i run a small cleaning company in my hometown. I dont do it for a living(currently a college student), i just do it for fun and to make a little extra money. I mostly do floor maintence, such as stripping and waxing, buffing and restoring VCT tile. Thats what im best at and i love doin the most. There has been alot of people asking me if i do carpet. I recently started getting into the carpet game and im lost like a ball in high weeds. I went out and bought a Windsor passport self contained machine and a Advance aquamatic 16. The way ive been cleaning carpets is using a "dual method". I first take a floor buffer and bonnet clean the carpet. Then i take my machines and rinse the carpet. I usually have been able to clean carpet and do a pretty good job, but latley ive been running into some rough carpets and its getting harder all the time to clean them. Tough stains that i cant get out and soiled carpet that just wont come clean. I watch these videos on you tube of these guys with truck mounts or portable machines, they take one pass on a dirty carpet with a wand and the carpet looks like new. Now i dont do enough jobs to spend money on a truck mount, a portable would be in my price range, used or new. I really dont want to spend over $1200, as im just trying this carpet thing out. Also whats a good brand of carpet cleaner. Ive been using Wepak steam and extraction cleaner thats 22% active? whatever that means and Betco stain remover. I know i have to be doin somthing wrong, the customers are satsified but i feel i can do a better job. What do you guys reccomed, do i need to get rid of these soak n suck(thats what the guy called em, when i bought them) machines and get me a heated portable? Whats a good all purpose carpet chemical? Id appreciate any advice i can get.

Thanks

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
go check out Mytee's website.....

for now do what you gotta do.....I did carpets, then on my own did mostly floors, then went back to both...now i am doing more carpets then floors.....but i still have the floor stuff....

and go do some reading on here, check prespray threads...and judsons stuff....

and get some sleep before you get over whelmed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clarkecombi

I cant search the fourms, i dont know why. Is there a way to?.......................also is there a trick to getting these self contained machines to work good till i find me a good portable. I use a buffer and bonnet first to scrub the carpet, then i use the self contained machines to rinse. Does that usually produce good results, so far it has for me but like i said i feel i can do better and want to do the best i can

John Watson

Yous guys gots me at a disovantage!!!!

Don't know nutten bout flors lessen they gots fuzzy stuff ons them!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom