HELP 2008 Hydramaster 4.8 w salsa over heating

T

TomKing

We have a 2008 Chevy 5.7 with a 2008 Hydramaster 4.8 salsa.
About 4 weeks ago we had a water pump go out. I had the truck taken to the local PFM shop. They replaced the water pump and thermostat.

We got it back ran it for about a week and it began to over heat moving into the 240-250 range. We took it in and they test for head leak. 4 test and still no positive for a leak. We ended up pulling and replacing the heads. They then put it back together and Friday they tell me they are ordering original hoses to isolate the engine from the truck mount. They said they had no over heating with the truck mount unhooked.

They hooked the TM back up and I took it today to my house cleaned both floors. We began to run hot and hit 250 again. When I was shuting the TM off the engine also died. I waitied for things to cool and drove it over to the shop on my way back it began to run hot and I had to use the old trick of running the heat to get it cooled down.
Just as I suspected on friday they are now saying it is the TM and want to be paid and say there is nothing else the can do.

Has anyone had this problem before?

I am going to take it to my distributor Advantage Marketing on Monday. They have been champs in helping us to navigate this. PFM wants to hear from them that we do not have a TM issue.

I would really appreciate some imput. If you have direct knowledge of a problem like this. Could you give me a call 317-331-0456

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Not really familiar with the HM...

SIMPLE test is to REMOVE the thermostat...It may be sticking..?

Not uncommon to get a bad thermostat or water pump...

Since you are NOT having the issue/ without the unit running... :idea:
Your HX on the unit may be clogged & restricting water flow back to the engine..?
CHECK all radiator hoses ...EVEN if the look fine...!!! One may be collapsing under load.
Flush radiator...!

seems to be some kinda of restriction...causing the issue... :idea:
this may be why the WP let loose in the 1st place..

BTW...The TM will make the van run COOLER... I've seen Jimmy naked
It is actually pulling heat OFF of the van....

The van is MORE likely to overheat..just idleing without the TM on... LIKE!

F

FB7777

Possible that the air was not bled from the system properly after the work was done.

Had a similar problem with my 2005 butler after water pump was replaced

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
That air bleed thing cost me a waterpump after I had a hose done at a shop.
I can't wait to get rid of my pto. No more antifreeze leaks in the cab

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom