Help a ruggie in need.............

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
In an effort to help out someone that MAY need some extra money, I have brought this from another 4rum. :oops:

Going Out of Business?
Posted By Tom Monahan on 12/4/2011 at 1:11 PM

Because demands made upon us, we were compelled to buy an Industrial Building to keep up with the request for the ongoing orders for our equipment. This December 1st building purchase is an adjunct to the way we have historically been doing business since 2007. My grateful thanks to all that participated in making us the Number 1 Rug Washing Equipment Manufacturer Company in North America. 2011 is finishing out very well for us despite Michigan’s economic woes. We are committed to still build our equipment in Southeast Michigan, USA!

Greg and I still intend to remain grounded by continuing our little rug washing companies respectively. After all, we like to be able to say that we are rug washers making rug washing equipment. Our Registered Trademark both in the United States and Canada states our intent: Helping You To Get The Most Out Of Rugs ®

Thanks again!
Modified By Tom Monahan on 12/4/2011 at 1:12 PM

Despite several clarifications as to what has prompted this post, Tom has so far declined to answer.

So Tom, if you're embarrassed, don't worry, I'm sure there are plenty of good ole' Mikey's boarders that'll be only to happy to help you out and maybe buy some equipment or send you some rugs to clean.

But there's two bits I don't understand.............

"Because demands made upon us, we were compelled to buy an Industrial Building"

That don't sound like you're doing it tough. ??

And............

"Greg and I still intend to remain grounded"

What does this mean ?? No more high flying around the world to sell equipment ??

I don't understand your lingo. :shock:

Maybe Greg Turcotte can let us know. ??

Down under and utterly confused. hey Marty, blow me

Bob Foster

Spongo made a strong inference on a thread on ICS a few days back that Monahan was going out of business.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Bob Foster said:
Spongo made a strong inference on a thread on ICS a few days back that Monahan was going out of business.

Thanks for that Bob, it must have been to far away for my near sightedness to see. shiteatinggrin

Re: Oriental Rug Cleaning Question...
Posted By Barry O'Connell on 11/12/2011 at 11:07 PM

Just a few small points to consider. I first started Carpet Cleaning in 1975. I am no great expert in it but I have done it long enough to know it is hard work and long enough to have a great respect for the guys who do it. I have not washed rugs that long but when I sold Oriental Rugs I personally washed a good many rugs. In January of 2000 I decided to close my business. It was a tough decision but I looked at what I was making and one of the major stock exchanges offered me $55 an hour on a 40 hour a week contract and I made the shift back to IT work. Over the years I have compiled the largest and most detailed body of work on Oriental Rugs on the Internet. I also set up a business consulting to a clientele of companies in the Oriental Rug field. I know as much about Rug ID, their history, materials, dyes, who wove them and so on as anyone around.

Not too long ago I was asked to help lead a program for Rug Cleaners on ProCleaners Network. I found there were many rug cleaners who were interested in what I had to say. Now some people would like to say I do not have a right to express an opinion. I am glad to help Rug Cleaners who want my help. My goal is to see those cleaners do a better job, make more money and be more successful. If wanting to help good and decent people be a little more successful is a crime then lock me up for it.

I am glad to offer my help to anyone. I am open to helping people no matter what sort of equipment they use or don’t use. If any of Greg Turcotte’s customers need a hand I am open to helping. I have nothing bad to say about Centrum Force. I was a little critical of Tom Monaghan but I now see there is no percentage in that. Rumor has it that Centrum Force may be on its way out but I am not interested in having anything to do with that.

How funny, I had not heard of that rumour, but that's nothing new. hey Marty, blow me

Crikey, There it is in plain forum formatting and I still missed it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great choice of words.............

"but I am not interested in having anything to do with that."

Next thing you know, this bloke 'll be a "Cub reporter" shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom