HELP!!...ASAP

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Have a toilet bowl cleaner spot? Is that totally damaged or would Stain Zone work on that??...Spot is green on nylon carpet

Also have dried on Rock Salt from softener...Crusted on....Acid to neutralize and rinse or what could I use??...This is more of a Polyester plush.

Thanks!!!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
If the toilet bowl cleaner is strongly acid, it may have done permanent damage to the fiber. I would not promise results. Beware of turning damaged fiber into your hole in the carpet.

If you want to try, I would spray apply an alkaline cleaner to neutralize the acid. Try to get pH in the 7 or 8 range. Then flush out whatever chemicals you can. Let dry. If color stain remains from dyes in the bowl cleaner, use RedZONE or Red Relief or other reducer product.

Dried rock salt will be easier. I you email me I have a two page technical guide that covers removing ice melting products. This falls right in that category.

The basics
1) Scrap off what can be removed without applying any chemical. Vacuum, brush, Gum getter, etc.
2) Apply an acid side product to help disolve the salt.
3) FLush with lots of water
4) Lots of dry strokes. Get it dry by extraction rather than by air movement or other means.

Scott Warrington

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Scott covered things pretty clearly just wanted to tell you what works really well for rock salt. Pro's Choice UPT kicks but on rock salt/ice melt.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Used high PH detergent and flushed...didn't touch it..heavy Pre-spray Zone Perfect..nothing..

Dry powdered it...whenever I dry powder Spots with Von Schrader Red Out it lightens it at least 50%...will call her tomorrow to see if it faded at all....it actually melted/damaged some of the fibers too...

THIS IS WHERE I WISH I RE-COLORED/REPAIRED!!...Great customer...EXTREMELY friendly...good vacuum customer and cleaning customer every year...she wasn't expecting it to change what so over and will have me clean again but man I wish I could help her out...rest of carpet is pretty much spotless light colored nylon...

Chads

Supportive Member
Your probally past crayons, you need to patch it from a closet or somewhere not obviuos, and where some pics people.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
My Camera is being ghetto and not the best quality.

I need to get a new one!!!!

harryhides

Name
Tony
TB Cleaner is so strong that it is one of the few things that will discolor even Olefin fiber.
If the fiber has been damaged thena repair may be the only option.
If it is not then use of crayons is definitely an option - done a few myself.
Use the lightest brown crayon you can find in a box of 96, then adjust the color as needed with gray, pink or light blue.
You can always lighten the color with some white to finish up.

If you don't like the color you end up with, put some Iso Propyl alcohol on a spotting towel and wipe it all off.
If you do like the results of your work, set it with a little steam.

Do a search here on "color repair" or on "crayon" for more info.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom