HELP! Left sunroof open on car in storm

Name
BradFenstermaker
Have a all leather interior and we had a bunch of rain last nite. Did an extraction on the carpet.

Worried about the leather on the front seats. Looks like water hit seat and ran through to floorboard in the back.

What should I do to the leather? Will it dry hard?

Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it soaked the carpet, I'd remove the carpet to dry it. The padding in cars is thick fiberous and extremely difficult to dry.

Many time we have to remove it to dry even after it's out of the car.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I agree. You have to pull the carpet. Take the seats out and the carpet and put it in the garage with a fan. The seats will start to smell if you don't get it dry fast. I would toss the pad and get a new one. I've done it many times before after hurricanes and it is the only thing that works.

Gene

Name
BradFenstermaker
I borrowed a Dri Eaz 60 and tented with a door open and opposite side window cracked in the garage. Gonna see how this does first before ripping car apart.

Best thing is my wife said it's okay I could have just as easily done it. Man is she great!

Thanks for the help and I will take out if dehu doesn't get it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you don't want to remove the carpet (which I would do) then I would take the rocker panels loose one the door frame edges. Wedge something under the carpet, PVC tube works great and get some dry air under the carpet, pad and floor.

It will dry but as long as it takes to do it this way, you'll wish you had just pulled the seats out to begin with. :wink:

Name
BradFenstermaker
Thanks for the tip Ron :lol: . It is closed and in the garage tonite. We have been getting bounded with rain the last couple of weeks.

timnelson

Totally agree with the guys that say take the car apart. Unless, of course, you happen to like the smell of mildew. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom