Help me get the most out of an old WM2000 please.......

Name
Jesse
I have one, your's appears more broken in though. :D

1. Leave both waste tanks, having 2 3" blower filters will keep your restriction low. Keep the upper and lower valves connecting the 2 waste tanks open so that they fill evenly and work together.

2. If your going to use the filter boxes then take off the screw on caps and turn them each into a 2.5 port. I used fittings from a specialty hose supply house and a 2.5 slip connector from Green Glides. Then get a 2.5 inch Y connector, Greenie makes them with a mounting bracket. We don't use the filter boxes anymore so I pulled them out and ran a 2.5 from each tank to the Y mounted on the ceiling.

3. Plug both vacuum reliefs and install a single Kunkle valve on one of the tanks, I chose the rear.

4. Replumb the heat exchangers so that the water goes through 1 then the other, mine was set up where the pump fed both at the same time. Than way was better for flow but not consistent heat.

5. I run the truck at 1600-1650 rpms under load. If you ordered smaller pulleys for the blowers you may just want to run 1500.

6. Get a little giant 3ht and belly tank. If you feed it the 190 that your truck will produce then you'll have no problem running 260+ with a high flow wand, we get 240-250 with a turbo @ 1000psi

Since we don't use the waste tank floats we drilled some 2" holes across the upper area of the baffle inside the waste tanks. The baffle that hangs down causes a premature fill.

Do these mods and you'll have a mean single wander that you'll enjoy. Since you have a big vac reel you'll be able to fit a good amount of 2.5 on there.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
adcomp said:
Ron Werner said:
just how much did you pay for that piece of s..........steam cleaning equipment?

So far I have 5.5 in the van/tm
Got about 1.75k in extra parts (xtra pump, blower, pto clutch) ....enough to replace anything on the machine sans heat exchangers

Probably have 10K in it before it cleans any carpet but I will OWN it, I can fix ANYTHING that breaks and I can easily upgrade it..

That's probably the way to do it. I am sure it will clean for you.
Just remember to make it look pretty...esp the van.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ron Werner said:
Yes, gotta make these things "looK" pretty. :roll:

We all can't look as pretty as your Avatar Ron. :roll:

If your rollin in a hillbilly machine most good customers are not gonna call you. I would be willing to bet that none of them would call.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom