Help me set up a 100-120 gallon fresh water tank and pump

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm on my 16th year of cleaning carpet without a supply tank and the number of apartment complexes that I'm cleaning are too much for a setup without a tank. It's a pain. I've been needing to pull my hose 200+ feet at some of these apartments just to get water. So It's time.

Can you help me find the best tank, filter and water pump?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’d like to squeeze it right where those blankets and cimex are sitting parallel to my truckmount in between the hose reel and waste tank

6FD0713F-46FF-4DDA-9CC4-E39314BD5C88.jpeg 20478715-0856-4900-BB5F-9BCBCA67A437.jpeg

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Matt I used one of those tanks from tractor supply. Much cheaper than some expensive distributer tanks. Or dultmeiers car wash supply

Look at a 100 gal square one
The square ones take up too much space. I agree with the tanks being prices steep. I'll check out dultmeiers

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Ok, I’m gonna try this setup that has a transfer pump in with the kit

https://www.***************/pumptec...-tank-wheel-well-gallons-csfwt110-p-8697.html

I’m getting it from Jondon because They’re a little closer and Are considered local in my neck of the woods

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok, I’m gonna try this setup that has a transfer pump in with the kit

https://www.***************/pumptec...-tank-wheel-well-gallons-csfwt110-p-8697.html

I’m getting it from Jondon because They’re a little closer and Are considered local in my neck of the woods
I just gave one away.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Oh yeah, this thread was really full of some good suggestions :oldrolleyes:

So after I couldn't find any WM bankrupt tanks, I found what you see above. The hell with paying $2500 for a water tank. Screw that
I wouldn't pay that either, and never have.

That tank is awkward to use, and actually wastes space compared to its capacity. Designed by someone who doesn't clean carpets.

Looks good in an empty van.

scotty747

I actually use a rain barrel. Found one with a flat back that sits against the wall. Garden hose connect on bottom, to a sediment filter, to the cat pump. Never used a transfer pump.

scotty747

Usually if the inlet supply line is bigger than the discharge line it will feed fine. I have 5/8s going to the pump, down to 3/8s plumping, down to 1/4 inch hose. My pump is about 2 feet above the discharge from the tank. This works for pressure washers as well which is where I learned it. There designed to be fed, not draw like cat pumps and the like.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
After you call me an idiot...are there any suggestions that’ll make this better?

And what other float valve can I replace that P.o.S. Plastic threaded one with? You’re right @Lee Stockwell

I hope this setup holds up well

I was told that I can’t use that transfer pump all the time. Which model do you recommend I get in the future that I can depend on 100% of the time if I need it?

Attachments

• IMG_2411.MOV
    57.7 MB
Reactions: Living The Dream

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That transfer pump should be ok as long as it has a pressure switch. Plumb it to your water box. When the water box is full, the pump will shut off. When the level in the water box drops, the pump will activate. Needs to be plumbed to the float in your water box or have its own float switch.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That transfer pump should be ok as long as it has a pressure switch. Plumb it to your water box. When the water box is full, the pump will shut off. When the level in the water box drops, the pump will activate. Needs to be plumbed to the float in your water box or have its own float switch.
It must not be hooked up to a pressure switch because it doesn't shut off when full. I hooked it up to the two open wires that prochem had hanging for a pump under the water pump. What do you suggest I do to make it able to shut off when full?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It must not be hooked up to a pressure switch because it doesn't shut off when full. I hooked it up to the two open wires that prochem had hanging for a pump under the water pump. What do you suggest I do to make it able to shut off when full?
It must not have a pressure switch. You need to either install one or buy a pump that has one. Most RV pumps have a pressure switch built in. Or you could use an unloader valve to bypass back into the fresh tank.

• Sad
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom