Help me to de stink an apartment

Name
Andy McFadden
this unit was loaded with grease everywhere, the PM replaced carpet and had everything cleaned an painted and it still smells like a greasy Chinese restaurant in there.

They have turned to me for help. the only problem ,, I don't know what to do.

Was thinking of setting off some sort of Odor bomb that is like a self contained fogger in a can, any suggestions?

Also found this on interlink http://interlinksupply.com/index.php?item_num=AR46

Any one have luck with it?

Please educate me further, but , I'm not going to spend 400 bucks on a fogging device,

so tell me anything but not
that.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Might smell better if............you.................left?

Just load up on the citrus solve in your prespray.

Name
Andy McFadden
Jimmy,, come on man , try to read the fricken post before responding .

Carpet has been replaced, no pre spray will be going down,, this is just a general de stink job , whole place smell like rancid , rotting grease.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Something important has been overlooked. Were the floors/walls/ceilings/closets sealed with Kilz or equivalent before new pad (?) carpet and paint?

Stove pulled out and cleaned (discarded), interiors of all cabinets (remove all drawers to be sure). Rats out of refrigerator drain tray.

Drain traps cleaned and functioning. Evaporator drains and coils cleaned. HVAC ducts inspected/cleaned.

I haaate the concept of spraying something to cover crap, I call it Poo and Roses.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The Vaportek will definitely help, but there are likely more sources of odor that need to be tracked down and removed.

I suggest turning off fans, HAVC, close windows and doors and leave for a few hours. Come back with a female (they usually have more sensitive noses.) and track down the source of the door. Much easier to tell the point of origin when the air is not moving around.

Consider under sinks, behind and under refrigerator, filters in the HVAC and/or range hood. It may also help to wipe unfinished wood with a cloth and some solvent deodorizer. The inside / underside of kitchen cabinets, drawers and such is often an over-looked odor source.

Reactions: Cleantechsk

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Did they scrap the textured ceiling? Often odors rise and are trapped in the textured ceiling. With no effective way to clean the ceiling you're left with scraping it and re shooting it. Zinsser's Bin works well for sealing out odors, I'd seal after scraping the texture.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Did they scrap the textured ceiling? Often odors rise and are trapped in the textured ceiling. With no effective way to clean the ceiling you're left with scraping it and re shooting it. Zinsser's Bin works well for sealing out odors, I'd seal after scraping the texture.
The airless rig does a nice job, good impact and not (quite) as messy as you'd think. Have used it to knock down nicotine.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Basic deodorizing will tell you to remove the source. Protein odors are some of the most stubborn odors to remove and you may need to target several different sources. Provided everything has been cleaned and you still have a residual odor its quite often the ceiling. Until its addressed you can do a multitude of processes from many different angles but if they are not effective, then look above for your solution. :winky:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom