Help! Steam cleaning low level loop glue down in office

hanks75

I cleaned a doctor's office last week, but spots came back. I was shocked, because we rarely have issues like this. Preconditioner boosted with sodium percarbonate and a little energy. Rinsed with an acid rinse. I'm sure it's olefin, so should i use more energy, more sodium percarbonate?

srugman26

Maybe try some rinse that has a polymer in it. Prochem All Fiber Deep Clean, or the Axiom rinse. Dry it fast with a bonnet and air mover. Lightly mist an encap product like Bridgepoint Encapuguard as the final step. It would be a good idea to do a good pre-vac also.

Mikey P

Administrator
Go back with your 175, some OP pads (cotton/blend) and some strongly mixed Encap juice.

Mist just enough to moisten the fibers and pad until dry.

A

amazingcleansc

encap. encap encap.

releasit.

dont tell them youre sorry.

tell them sometimes that happens in this kind of carpet when can you come back to treat the carpet for them?

I would vacuum first. That should have been done before you steam cleaned. Post padding will help prevent wick back. If the carpet has lots of drink spills etc, mist some encap juice or bonnet cleaner mixed light over the carpet and run some bonnets over the carpet AFTER YOU STEAM CLEAN. Then set some fans. Commercial carpet is almost always more work than residential and commands a higher price imo. If you do the job as I mentioned, you will be able to charge higher prices for this type of work.

topnotchman

The Asian Sensation!! said:
Isnt Sodium perc and Energy the same thing???...YOur best bet would be with the Encap and 175.

sodium perc is an oxidizer, and Energy seems to be a booster with a ton of solvents in it. Smells like Raid.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
danielc said:
I would vacuum first. That should have been done before you steam cleaned. Post padding will help prevent wick back. If the carpet has lots of drink spills etc, mist some encap juice or bonnet cleaner mixed light over the carpet and run some bonnets over the carpet AFTER YOU STEAM CLEAN. Then set some fans. Commercial carpet is almost always more work than residential and commands a higher price imo. If you do the job as I mentioned, you will be able to charge higher prices for this type of work.
Maybe in memphis daniel, I dont know of anywere around here that is getting higher for commercial than residential lol. I can get 300 - 400 for a big richy rich house that isnt even really dirty but only a couple hundred (on a good day) for an applebees with the same square footage that is a thousand times dirtier. If I used your philosophy I would have no commercial jobs lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom