help with blower

danrob

Name
dan robertson
Hi, blower is froze up just wondering where the intake was to use 2×2 if its where the bigexhaust hose attaches mine Iis curved into machine doesnt look like board would go in

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Remove either the inlet from waste tank OR outlet to exhaust, whichever will more easily allow STRAIGHT access to the lobes

What Lee said - in the video Les uses the 2X2, you can see that you will need a pretty straight shot to the lobe(s).

danrob

Name
dan robertson
ok got it unfrozen

Got it unfroze but now when I put my hand over suction the motot dies out

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
What machine are you running? You're not blocking the actual blower inlet with your hand, are you?

If you're blocking the inlet to the waste tank, and that's killing the motor, then you need to check the relief valve - it's probably stuck closed.

Last edited:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Of course if the blower is failing (bearings, etc.) or is gunked up it could be dragging the motor down too. Once you broke it loose you should have been able to turn the blower by hand (with the belts off, of course).

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I'll give ya $50 bucks for it

Sent from da middle of a Trailure park

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Your problem could be the relief valve sticking closed, not open. If you cover the inlet, the relief should open and let in some air. Your vacuum should not go over 14" hg. If the vac goes way over 14, and you don't hear air sucking into the relief when you cover the inlet, then it's stuck.

If the relief opens and the vac stays at or below 14, then your problem is something else.

If my suggestion doesn't make sense, then it's probably time to visit your local distributor and let them have a look at it.

Last edited:

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
On my Boxxer 421 I had that problem. Took it in and it needed new motor. Blown head. If you have oil coming out of the heads, which boxxers are known for, then you probably need a new motor.

Sent from my motorola flip phone using Crapatalk 1.1

Reactions: Chris A

steve_64

if you get it running, run clean water through it at a little more than a trickle for about ten minutes or so then run dry for another ten then use a few drops of good vac lube through it while still running. you may have other problems but that will free it up and keep it from sticking again for awhile.

dont run the water at a high flow through it though. it will lose its vacuum and not flush it properly.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
You should be able to clean and oil the shaft (inside the spring) so that it moves freely when you push on the end of the spring. It's most likely just dirty or corroded.

You should be able to remove the four bolts and take the whole assembly out to clean it. See my second picture above.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Chris A

Name
Chris
My 421 had the same issue when I bought it and we ended up doing a valve job on the motor. It's never had that issue since

Sent from my SM-G730V using Tapatalk

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
danrob - you get it fixed, or what? No login for a whole day - hope he didn't get tangled up in the machinery.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom