Help with stain

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
This spot was underneath that candle holder you see in the picture. The candle holder is some sort of metal. I don't know the proper term but I believe the metal was probably put back on wet carpet and it caused some sort of oxidation stain. I've tried every thing in my spotting kit and it doesn't budge at all, no transfer or lightening whatsoever. She does not have any extra carpet so I offered to patch it and swap with a piece in the closet but this lady is super picky and moving it to the closet is not an option. This particular color of carpet is also not made any more.

My question, does anybody have any idea how to remove this spot.

utf-8BSU1HMDAwMzIuanBn.jpg

Ps She bought it at Home depot and now has them involved to see if they will warranty it. She had me fax over her receipts from the time I started cleaning for her. Luckily for me that stain was there before I ever cleaned for her. Her last cleaner is no longer in business and he didn't keep records anyway so I don't know how she is going to prove she cleaned before I started.

harryhides

Name
Tony
If the metal was iron, no problem, rust remover will work every time.

However, if it is brass the rust stain will look the same but rust remover or anything else that I ever have tried will have any effect.

A bonded insert can be done and a similar colored carpet can be matched to her existing carpet.

Here's one I did years ago before I got a Kool Glide.

wickerab4.jpg

WickerBBackingClose-up2.jpg

WickerBAftBest.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Joey,

I would HESATATE to do anything to that STAIN !!!!!!!!!

If it was there prior to your cleaning....DO NOT touch it....Then it becomes your STAIN !!!

Depending upon the age,fiber,& mill that produced the carpet....There are multiple CAUSES..

Eventually..A certified carpet inspector will be callled IN....

Years ago some MILLS..used FORMALDEHYDES in the LATEX glues that attached the
primary backing to the secondary backings....This was done to keep the latex from SOURING.

If this the problem ??? Any TRAPPED moisture would "OFF-GAS"...And disrupt certain
dye-blockers... When this occurs...the stain will permeate from the BOTTOM of the fiber
accending to TOP...Best way to check this type of stain...is to spread the fibers & inspect
for MORE staining in the bottom of the fiber...

In any case "DON'T OFFER TO TRY TO REPAIR"..................

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Thanks for the help. A little more info. I've been cleaning for this lady about every 3 months since Oct 07. The first time I cleaned for her I tried removing this spot unsuccessfully I tried rust remover and stain magic and her last cleaner had also attempted to remove it. Since then she has just kept it covered but now she is getting ready to sell the house and wants it fixed.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Joey,

If she is selling the home....Then tell her that she should allow you to take a DONER
peice of carpet....from a small utility or hall closet....and do the repair..

I can understand her not wanting the stain to moved another area....
Where-ever You take the donor peice from, Replace with a peice of sheet vinyl or lamanate....

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I had a similar stain and the rust remover and the 2 part from vacaway worked wonders. Finished it off with a good scrub (powermax from cob at the time) and clean and 40 volume. Couldn't even tell it was ever there

Grape 007

Is it rust?

Do a PH test on the spot. See what it might be on the chart. such as whatever

The previous cleaner may have attempted it and locked the stain.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom