Here we go again...

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi [FIRST_NAME]

As a valued customer of Connoisseur we thought we would reach out to you and the rest of our loyal client base to see if you may know of a young man looking for a full time job. You've seen what our employees do for a living and how they behave in your home, we're hoping you have a person that would fit the bill in mind...

We've used Craigslist in the past but due to the current job market and it's challenges, we are hoping for a strong referral from a friend or family member..

Our ideal employee would be between 18 and 25 years old, be a real personable people pleaser with an eye for details, has a strong back that's able to lift up to 75 pounds on occasion, has an excellent driving record and can pass drug and criminal background checks. Clean cut is a must as is reliable transportation to work. We work for extremely high end clients at times so maturity and trustworthiness is also a must.
  • 5 days a week, Saturdays are an option
  • $15 an hour starting pay + overtime
  • Vacation pay
  • Seasonal hours ranging between 20 to 50 per week
  • Income increases as responsibility grows
  • 8 AM starting time, average day ends at 5PM but we sometimes work late

Feel free to give me a call to discuss your possible candidate or reply to this email.

Thank you for your time!!

Mike Pailliotet @ 775 552 5429

Reactions: Mark Saiger

FredC

Village Idiot
young man
between 18 and 25 years old,

You don't have enough employees for this to be an issue (15) unless CA is more restrictive but something to think about so you don't invite shit

Edit: looks like 5 or more employees in CA
I don't know for sure but I would assume an email like this constitutes an advertisement

Job Advertisements
It is illegal for an employer to publish a job advertisement that shows a preference for or discourages someone from applying for a job because of his or her race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.

For example, a help-wanted ad that seeks "females" or "recent college graduates" may discourage men and people over 40 from applying and may violate the law.

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Seems like an ad to me.

but it doesn't matter, except to maybe the recipients, because you don't meet the threshold for number of employees....right now

of course that doesn't stop a complaint that you have to defend against/show that you don't meet the threshold

for example

**CA also has the Fair Chance Act that may make the "criminal background checks" language a no-no once you meet the threshold of 5 employees

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
MIke I have a great kid for your job. Let me have him contact you directly. I am Lorri from K* S* Design. My mom and I have been in the Design community in this county for for almost 40 years and have always recommended your company to our clients and have used you exclusively in our homes. Lorri

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Chris A

Name
Chris
Me too, newest guy quit via an angry unprovoked text Monday morning, I suspect there may be meds that weren't taken but on to the next one!

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Mike, regardless of whether or not its legal or if you are required, making sure your request to your customers passes their sensitivity test will help you with the PR aspect of what you are doing.

I know that this might make Marty's head explode, but since you are doing business in California, and your best clients will often have California values that won't exactly match Damon's (as an example), you don't want to say anything to cause them angst, or to see you as a bloodthirsty, heartless Simon Legree type of employer.

Mikey P

Administrator
You don't think they would find comfort in the fact that I don't hire druggies and criminals to clean their carpets.

so far my one and only response was a twenty-nine-year-old mama's boy who balked when I asked him to send me a resume and contact numbers

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I'll be shocked if by stating that you're looking for a "young man" doesn't trigger a discrimination lawsuit from a bull-dyke.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom