Here you go Future Rug F@g Damon...

Mikey P

Administrator

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Well, it was better than the barbecue my wife forced me to go to. I’m here now. It sucks. I hate forced small talk. I want to go home and nap.

• Haha
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I subscribed

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Well, it was better than the barbecue my wife forced me to go to. I’m here now. It sucks. I hate forced small talk. I want to go home and nap.

I hate cocktail parties, wedding receptions, and most any other function where I have to talk to people. Forced small talk is torture.

I’d rather have an intelligent argument with an informed adversary than exchange pleasantries about weather, gossip, tv shows, etc

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I hate cocktail parties, wedding receptions, and most any other function where I have to talk to people. Forced small talk is torture.

I’d rather have an intelligent argument with an informed adversary than exchanging pleasantries about weather, gossip, tv shows, etc
My wife thinks I’m antisocial. I tell her I’m just tired and don’t like her friends. I like how that throws her off a little.

Last edited:

Tom Forsythe

Small talk has its place in our lives. I love going to the local international retail store and talk to the cashiers. I tell them I am from Scotland (before 1776) and ask where them their country of origin. I always surprise them as I know something about their country. I remember making some clerk from Nepal's day by asking if they were from Kathmandu. I guess they had never heard of an American knowing anything about their country. In short, small talk is part of being human as long as we can go further with some topics of conversation with some people.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Small talk has its place in our lives. I love going to the local international retail store and talk to the cashiers. I tell them I am from Scotland (before 1776) and ask where them their country of origin. I always surprise them as I know something about their country. I remember making some clerk from Nepal's day by asking if they were from Kathmandu. I guess they had never heard of an American knowing anything about their country. In short, small talk is part of being human as long as we can go further with some topics of conversation with some people.
Didn't know you were that old Tom

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

I wish I had that ability Tom. It would feel like I had a superpower.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson

I’d rather have an intelligent argument with an informed adversary than exchange pleasantries about weather, gossip, tv shows, etc
I'll have to brush up on my small talk for your Montana trip. What are your favorite tv shows?...

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'll have to brush up on my small talk for your Montana trip. What are your favorite tv shows?...

Just tell me some inside stories from your job working for some mutual associates of ours prior to you getting into the cleaning business and we’ll be fine. 😆

Reactions: MicahR and FB7777
F

FB7777

Think of them as networking events

Small talk is just the introduction

If you can't steer it from there in the direction you want it to flow then it's your loss

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom