Here's a Question for TM installers..........fuel taps.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
If one wanted to install a newer TM that requires a fuel return (fuel injected), and the current tap only has one line, can you drop the return line into the fuel neck without causing any problems, such as a static charge? Or would the return need to be all the way into the tank like the draw line is??

I have a TM I want to buy, like next week, and pull the Genny out, install the new TM, which requires a return fuel line, without installing a brand new tap. My current van has a single fuel line tap. This new TM will eventually go into a box van, which I haven't got yet. That will have the proper tap on it when new TM is installed. I just would like to get this new TM up and running ASAP, until I can find a proper box van for it.

I just don't want to create a fire (or explosion) hazzard with the fuel return line.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Robert;

The return fuel line can be installed into the hose from the fuel inlet to the tank.

However, it must be airtight to avoid triggering the vehicle computer,

which would sense any leakage as an Evaporative Emission Control System leak detected in the fuel tank area.

What type of TM are you considering ?

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: spotman123

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom