Hey Boooooby I gotz a Genie ? for ya

Scott Rogers

What rpm do you turn you 47?
What is the lift set at?

What are the limits to the clutch?

Have you figured a way to put it in a Box truck yet?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
The rotational torque limits of the clutch exceed the belt and the axial load rating with the existing drive setup. Therefore, you would notice belt slipping (and failure), or bearing failure more likely, than actual clutch slip.

1650 RPM(shaft speed) & 15" is all you should be loading.

Scott Rogers

Why only 1650 though? You would loose alot of cfm's running the blower that slow. I spin min @3000-3200

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Scott Rogers said:
Why only 1650 though? You would loose alot of cfm's running the blower that slow. I spin min @3000-3200

The Steam Genie PTO is pushing bullet-proof reliability over max-performance. Large blower/medium output. It is primarily a single wand unit, if compared to slide-ins.

Scott Rogers

[quote="Shawn Forsythe
The Steam Genie PTO is pushing bullet-proof reliability over max-performance. Large blower/medium output. It is primarily a single wand unit, if compared to slide-ins.[/quote]

Wouldnt the performance of a 45 run at half speed be similar or less then a 36 ??

How much longer would it actually last running half speed rather then 3000 rpm given proper maintance?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Scott Rogers said:
How much longer would it actually last running half speed rather then 3000 rpm given proper maintance?

The 45 is run a tad faster. The output of a SG PTO 47 is significantly higher than that of the 45, but not as much as the difference between that of a 45 and 47 on the slide-ins.

It's not the longevity and limits of the blower that is the concern, but the drive system in the original design.

However, since the demise of SG, there have been advances and tweaking utilizing different components.

Scott Rogers

Thanks Shawn.

I was thinking about trying one out, but I dont think I could handle the lack of performance.

I am all for reliability, but need high performance too.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Scott Rogers said:
Thanks Shawn.

I was thinking about trying one out, but I dont think I could handle the lack of performance.

I am all for reliability, but need high performance too.

You might want to try one, before you dismiss it. If you are doing single wand, the performance with a Kunkle is pretty darn near maximum potential air-flow. The Kunkle will pop on a lot of carpets, and more CFM won't make a difference, except for rise time.

Scott Rogers

I am not happy with my 45 spinning at 3200, how could I be satisfied turning it at 1650??

My system is plumbed with minimum restrictions, no pre filters only a blower filter. spring relief valve set @ 16, 2.5 vac hose 150 ft with 50 ft of 2 inch.

Since going to 2.5 vac hose I eliminated to big drop in performance I was getting when going 150 ft plus. But with glided wands and rotary extractors I can handle more suction and my next machine would have to have it or why change.

Name
Jesse
Are you guys saying the blower on the sg is spinning the same rpm's as the van? That seems hard to believe, I don't think white magic under drives them that much. For a PTO 1650rpm's @ max hg is on the high side of perfect for the van.

Chris A

Name
Chris
would it be that tough to put it in a box? Other than a longer shaft, what else is there?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Chris..i'm not sure if there IS a driveshaft longer than the SG 72"...but unless there was a center bearing such as Butler or White Magic the longitudinal torque twist would eliminate any longer shaft...

not to speak of the box mount being different than the cab of the truck, this would cause problems too....!

Kelly

I cant remember if the drive shaft is directly coupled to the blower like the hydramaster is ...or if there is a pulley system thats used to spin the blower a little faster

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Actually my blower temp is lower than i want cuz a post heat system won't work...I can touch the exhaust wit my hand while it's running i run a 205 stat in the truck......so i'm about 205 at the machine....

yes my machines ARE bullet-proof.............

gasaxe

bob vawter said:
Actually my blower temp is lower than i want cuz a post heat system won't work...I can touch the exhaust wit my hand while it's running i run a 205 stat in the truck......so i'm about 205 at the machine....

yes my machines ARE bullet-proof.............

that is good... you wouldnt want to put your hand on the exhaust of my 68 when its at full song....unless the water injection is on. you can at least touch it a little bit before pulling back. I try and hold it around 220-230 with the water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom