hey Hyde, ever cleaned one of these?

Mikey P

Administrator
ugrug001.jpg

ugrug002.jpg

ugrug003.jpg

It's Velcro'd together in 3 sections due to how thick and heavy it is.

Can you tell me what tribe made it?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
At least Brevig sent me mack-n-cheese. old tight wad tries to pimp all manner of products never a thank you or christmas card

what’s next an Amway banner!

thats one ugly rug i've cleaned indian rug rugs but nothign exactly like that is it home made ?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mikey P said:
Can you tell me what tribe made it?

the kindergarten tribe from Mrs Herman's art class

Mrs Herman was really cool, but a weirdo (Saturn Cafe type weirdo)
That uglEE rag is something she'd have in her home

I recall seeing something same/similar years ago.
Think it was used as an entry/foyer rag
I don't recall whether we cleaned it or not

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Actually she bought it from a company who makes them in San Fransisco.

as for giving a gift to Randy.

What the hell do you think Mikey's Board is?

But I really do appreciate the hell out of him being here and being so willing to help out MOST of the time.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
We have sold a few of these out of our shop.. Some people wanted them so we have always carried one or two for those nitches. They usually are constructed well. But smell the back before washing. If it smells like bad latex then prequalifty with your customer. Otherwise, wash the crap out.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you wash it expect the deep colors to bleed. That magenta and denim I see in the pic are suspect and the leather will stiffen. If there are no bleeding issues we'll wash these, but we have a flatbed washer so the rug isn't wet for very long.

It can be cleaned with a wand on a tack-out floor, you'll just leave a lot of water behind. Each tuft is hand sewn and aggresive agitation will tear some loose. Many of the ones I've seen have a soft back with no latex and can be immersion dry cleaned.

PS: I say send it back to the guy that sold it and tell them to clean it. :twisted:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We've washed a few rag rugs, check for color fastness and thread strength.

We get all kinds, home made, professional, had one made with her fathers ties (we drycleaned), we also had one that the mother had made of jean material from the time the daughter was a child to adult hood. (HWE hand tool).

They seem to be getting more popular, many we HWE flat, flip and do the other side as we do braided rugs.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If we sold it, I'll be glad to clean it!!! hmmm maybe I should go through the show room and tell dad to get rid of the seagrass rugs.. :? Oh wells someone always wants them even if we tell them its a throw away if you spill any "real" soil on it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Yep, that's the plan, just one of them is trashed the other looks fairly decent.

Might hit it with the badger first to see if we can get some of the debris out first.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom