Hey Jim P

F

FB7777

You've been selling juice for awhile now... so what are your best sellers among cleaners?

1 Emulsifier alkaline
2 Carpet Prespray residential
3 Carpet prespray commercial
4 Upholstery prespray

If you were to set up a new guy with what you consider the best chemistry that you supply what would you put on their new rig?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Am I somebody's FOoL again?

DAMN DAMN DAMN!

I KILL YA ALL!

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Our top sellers are not necessarily what I use myself, and what I start new cleaners with varies with their previous experience, if any, the system that they are buying, and the market place they are going to specialize in.

Top sellers:

Alkaline emulsifier: Prochem Dry Slurry, followed closely by Masterblend Soap Free
Carpet Prespray, residential: Prochem Ultrapac Pretreat w/LVC, followed closely by Bridgepoint Zone Perfect
Carpet Prespray, commercial: Bridgepoint Flex. We sell nearly equal amounts of Bridgepoint Traffic Slam and Masterblend Red Line Prespray. The apartment cleaners like the Flex, the "commercial maintenance people" like the Slam and Red Line more.
Upholstery Prespray: Bridgepoint Avenge Fabric Prespray.

When I start people in business, its usually with Bridgepoint or Masterblend products, depending on what system of cleaning makes the most sense for them.

Prochem's recent decision to drop prices on some of their products has helped me to reconsider where they stand in our company's offerings. We've been with them for 37 years, so its difficult to not have a certain affinity for them even still.

What I use myself is rarely consistent, because I'm always testing new products and systems of cleaning. My single favorite product from all of the above is Masterblend Soap Free.

The Preacher

Soap Free has been a fav of mine for some time. I'm a hack bonnet cleaner and it does wonders in that arena!!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Soap Free is the only pre-spray/rinse I've used that does not show some sort of foam when applying..

Why is that?

Yet it works wonders.

The Preacher

Steven Hoodlebrink said:
how did that airport turn out Danny ?

IMO good.

the people who pay the bill seems to think it should be a new penny after one cleaning. I guess not vacuuming every day kinda dulls a new penny!!!! :shock:

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Mikey P said:
Soap Free is the only pre-spray/rinse I've used that does not show some sort of foam when applying..
Why is that?

Just about the only component to a cleaning mixture which would contribute to foaming is the surfactant. Since SoapFree is by conventional definition of the cleaner category in which it resides, completely "soap-free", or more accurately, surfactant-free, the product is devoid of the very thing which might cause it to support foaming in the first place.

I am remarkably surprised by the answer that Jim gave to the original question which outlined this thread. Surprised, because the answer is nearly identical to how I would have responded. I've always held that product efficacy, which closely mirrors popularity, is at least partially dependent on location. My theory is that this is primarily due to demographic differences in the nature of "soils" present, and how customers find that some things just work better in their neck of the woods, while others don't. Mind you, this is only generally true for just the general purpose in-tank cleaners and presprays , and not the case with most specialty stain removing products.

This seems to apply within some pretty tight boundaries as well. Polling our six store Managers seems to indicate that users may find that one particular in-tank cleaner sells really well in one store, but is rejected as ineffective by the majority of customers at a location just 300 miles away. However, looking at overall sales figures, Jim's sales results very closely match our own.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Shawn, I was trying to track something along those lines a while back by reviewing favorable results of different product compared to region, and though the data was pretty skewed from lack of representation. I agree with your theory of soil nature compared to product effectivness.

Would you be willing to share the results of your little survey of which products where more popular in certain regions?

Mikey P

Administrator
Can we assume that Asphalt Jungles like L.A. SF, NY, Chicago and the like sell more delim'O or Butyl based pre sprays then citys that have real dirt between their parking lots and homes?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom