Hey mike

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
What makes the new filter you got better than the rc99? Better design or flow or what?

A little better or a totally different league?
Thanks

Becker

Name
Becker
I've been wondering about filters..

Brent just got a new filter and loves it.

I always used the pool inline filter.

The Blueline has a filter box, but what a pita to clean.
Thinking of taking the basket out and going back to the inline filter.

Thoughts?

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Ok thanks. No enough difference for me to stop using a ss one and drop a few hindered bucks on a PVC one.

Dave
They are going to perform about the same, If you can buy from Joe than his filter is a nice filter no doubt. But Joe doesn't sell to just anyone so when guys need a filter they can just buy one of ours with out the drama.
The little Dev is $ 135.00 a few bucks more than RC99 if your not a member. It comes with cuffs also so it is still in the market with a poolie with cuffs. Speaking of cuffs I would still put cool cuffs on my filter if Joe would sell to me but he cut me off and that is fine, I don't really care about what cuff guys want to run it is there choice CC, Mytee, Flash Cuffs, hose barb. It makes no difference to me.
I am paying Joe for the remaining product that I have and when that product is gone I will equip filters with what is available at that time.
Back when I first started this a lot of guys were against the pvc housing so we spent a lot of money making the ss Dev...to this day I sell 10-1 pvc over ss. So I know ss is NOT the desired material, is is nice and for the price of Joe's filter it is a bargain for GUYS, but for Joe I can tell you he isn't making enough money for all this BS. He is going to be fixing the filters he has going out right now I guarantee it the goop won't hold up I have tried to tell him this but what do I know, I also told him the clear would not work and it would crack back when he started his future of filtration BS. I was not trying to be a ass to him just trying to help him out. Poly Carb tube is VERY Expensive so I do not believe that is what he was using not at the price he was selling the filter for but I could be wrong. From my own experiences Poly Carb tube to make my filters would be around 250-300 just for the tube.
The other cool thing is this back when I started I needed a filter bag, MY DAD told me go try a paint strainer bag. The bag is kinda what made me build the filter to its size as we worked on it. At first it is all I was using to develop the filter. The problem is they would blow out sometimes. So we found this poly material for the HD bag. This bag if I have a weakness it is this, The Poly bag has been in use for about 3.5 years out of the 4 we have been making them. Some guys are still using them so I know it is strong enough, but then some guys get them and use them for six months and call cause they ripped???? IDK. I always send them a rush order and it is almost always a FREE replacement. Out of the 4 years I have had maybe 10-15 bags that gave me trouble and half of that was due to our own mistake.
With Joe SS basket you HAVE TO run white liner, with our bag you can CHOOSE, some greasy restaurants give the white liners trouble because the poly/nylon material grabs the grease and doesn't let it pass. So if this does happen you can remove liner and still get decent filtration with the black bag.
Long post I know you have a decent filter there is no need to change.

Mikey P

Administrator
Not enough flaws to get rid of your RC99 thats for sure as performance will be within microns of one another

I think my photos speak for them selves which the easier to use and better made filter is for those thinking about upgrading from a pool or mytee filter.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Yea if I didn't already have the rc99 I'd but the other but not worth setting the one I have to the side being its unused.

Once I need a new one or something happens to this one ill switch over. I like how the end is recessed so you can sit it on end. Slick

Thanks for the info

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom