Hey Mikey, more pro 1200 pics please

West

Name
Clint
If you can or want to, I would like to see some more pictures posted of the new pro 1200. Interested in seeing how they are setting up the back. And would like to see machine with cover off. Snap away, if you would please. Also really was wanting to know if they are continuing the "vulcan" heating system and if they will be making the "HV" pro1200hv model? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I traveling back from Nashville so no pics right now but regarding the Vulcan heat exchanger it's is a standard item now rather than an option as for the HV model we need to conduct an engineering review because contrary to what has been posted on many bulletin boards purposely adding water to the vacuum intake to cool (or clean) a blower is not a recommended practice.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bill is correct.

The practice of adding water to cool a blower operated beyond the temp limits . .
is a questionable practice.

Blowers already operate with minimal airflow in many TM applications.

We like a lot of airflow in a TM design.

The introduction of the MR series blowers by Sutorbilt offers some fresh thinking on the cooling concerns.

Larry

West

Name
Clint
Hi Bill, thanks for responding. If at any time you have pictures available I would be super interested in seeing them. When will these be for sale? Pricing? I have several White Magic Pro1200HV's, I used to run the non hv's. They are and where a good machine, the "hv" really took it to another level. I understand the concern about introducing water to the blower, I will tell you I have never had a problem and talked to roots about it before I purchased my 1st one 4 or so years ago and they said it was tested and approved by them?

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Bill I've been running a 1200 HV for 2 years everyday with NO issues. I also have a standard pro 1200 that's also 2 years old and I much prefer the HV model. I also have a 2007 hydramaster 4.8 CDS with salsa and out of the 3 THE HV model is hands down the best machine. Hopefully you won't discontinue the HV. Thanks Mike

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I missed something. So SS is now selling White Magic? Are they supplying parts for all machines or just the direct drives?

I talked to white magic a couple of years ago about the HV machines. Sounds scary to me. When the blower cooling system fails a 56 blower could trun into a car bomb. I would think you would be better off with a machine that dident have the blower chocked down to 2 inchs with a bunch of 90o elbows on the exhaust side.

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
To answer the question of selling White Magic units. Sapphire Scientific purchased the rights to manufacture WM's direct drive units not the company nor all the inventory.

I'm curious what the perceived advantage is of the HV model?

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Bill having both models Ican tell you that I get more suction with the HV model. I normally pull 18 inches of lift without my vacuum relief opening up. So to answer your question when the vacuum relief opens up you loose suction at the wand, and that doesn'thappen with HV model. Also I haven't heard anyone having any issues with the blowers on the HV model, have you?

West

Name
Clint
I also have been using a couple of HV's, the perceived advantage is simple. HV stands for High Vacuum. It is this feature in my opinion, that seperates all simulair direct drive truckmounts. It pulls 20 inches of lift. As far as the blower getting to hot, it is misted with water when it reaches a certian temp. If the blower reaches that temp and not misted the machine will simply shut down as a saftey precaution. Until White Magic's departure, I decided I would never run another machine, but if you guys decide not to make it then I guess I would be forced to stick with the regular pro1200, but if that is the case what is to keep people like me from not looking into Butlers, Clean Co., etc...All pretty good machines with no real differentiation, keeping the HV option gives you differentiation. When Sapphire Scientific purchased the rights for the 1200 did they not give you the HV info?

Bill Bruders

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Bruders
I can't discuss the details of the purchase of the rights to produce these machines due to confidentiality agreements that govern the transaction nor can I discuss any warranty information.
I appreciate the passion for the High Vacuum model but at this time we are only planning on one model until extensive testing can take place on the total impact of the HV option on the system.
Thanks again for your input.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
And yes we are kids at the comic store nagging the clerk about the when the latest marvel comic will be here! Hoping for a sneak peek!
:mrgreen:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
heh...me to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

more so when the VHS craz was starting up..... we cleaned for a video store....for trade....i was wondering when the new movies where out... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

West

Name
Clint
nice, had to up my posts. Had been in the dark with this whole White Magic thing for a couple of month's, so when I got my chance to get more info on the machine I run, I had to jump. Still waiting for my detailed pictures anyone?

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi guys:

What does the wording "not a recommended practice" mean?

Who cares if the manufacture does not recommend it, as long as they don't deny that it works? My Dr. doe snot reccomned me seeing Chiropractor either......IMO, it appears to be agood idea.

Sincerely,
Dale

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
West said:
nice, had to up my posts. Had been in the dark with this whole White Magic thing for a couple of month's, so when I got my chance to get more info on the machine I run, I had to jump. Still waiting for my detailed pictures anyone?

aefcb641-8ca0-d290.jpg

aefcb641-8cba-7fa9.jpg

The machine unit is the same WM Pro1200. The only thing different is the face plate with Sapphire's name now on it.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Another view of the Chevy Express as it sticks in Crowley's neck. That's me on the left sharing wisdom.

aefcb4e1-b34d-d3e6.jpg

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
it is the same as the white magic i am sure... But saphire built it with their parts! They probably just followed the blue prints. So this means its probably built much better

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
Bill are you planning on any changes to the pro 1200. Like using your own design on the heat exchangers. Just curious, the wm pro1200 has been the most reliable machine I've ever owned. In the 2 years (1500 hours) I've owned my HV model it's started and ran every single job five to six days a week without a single issue. I really mean that, not one thing has broke my belts aren't even showing any wear. I'm glad to hear a stable company is carrying on this machine.

West

Name
Clint
I'm glad to hear a stable company is carrying on this machine as well. Now if we could just answer the the small yet important questions like, where will we be able find and buy the WM parts that SS does not continue. Example, the filter box mesh screening. Mine developed a hole after 3 years of use, and luckly I stocked a spare. But now where will I get or find one. I'm guessing SS is using there own design on the filter box? I'd be able to say if I saw pictures of the back of the van's set up, anybody from Mikey's Fest?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
All I know is the WM HO was the worst peice of crap I ever owned...should have stuck with the Steam Genie.

I'm sure SS will do well with just the PTO.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
West said:
. I'm guessing SS is using there own design on the filter box? I'd be able to say if I saw pictures of the back of the van's set up, anybody from Mikey's Fest?

Oh yeah, the White Magic filter box. I love that filter box. I run four to the door from that box. Didn't see ANY filter box on the SS Pro1200. What you see is all out the side door. The back of the truck is empty, just a circular display rack holding gallon jugs. No tanks ( fresh under the hose reel, waste at back of side door) no shelves, just lots of room to put floor tools, fans, disco ball etc.
I don't know where you hook the vacuum hose to either. I guess you pull from the live reel and keep 200 feet on the reel while you work and make more dry passes.

West

Name
Clint
Interesting it is up and advertised on the website. Was not able to obtain pricing from SS dealers yet?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom