Hey Mr Excelerated...?

Mikey P

Administrator
Has Mikey's Board tried to destroy your business?

all I ever noticed were some kreskin~little green men cracks that are equivalent to big head, tin foil, pig farmer, thumb sucking and dannyfag cracks imo..

What say you?

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Do we really need to do this?

Look at it from the other side....comments about Marty, you, Jimmy or Danny are not read by your customers. Comments about Duane are, and Terje too, to an extent.

This is probably why they may take more offense to it than Jimmy or Danny.

Just keep that in mind.

Take care,
Lisa

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah, that Karma thing must really be pissing off Terri.

Well, you bring up a interesting topic Lisa.

Just how much personality does a Manufacture or supplier expose of themselves on a Forum?

Some let it all hang out and don't worry about sales and some play the reserve card.

Take Larry Cobb for example, other than enjoying airshows and water sports I could not tell you his political or religious views not his taste in beer.

In regard to letting it all hang out, you my dear, need a jock strap.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Some people are just more guarded, some more open. Whether it just be their personality type or because they've made a consious decision not to for business or personal reasons. It's for each manufacturer or individual to choose what they say and what they keep to themselves.

In my case, I figure if you don't want to do business with me because of my political or religious views or because I've been married more times than ZsaZsa Gabor, well that's fine, it's your decision. I'm not ashamed of who I am. When I was a cleaner I had a lot of bumperstickers on my (lettered) van that definitely expressed my political and religious views. It lost me customers and gained me others. But the customers that would not use me because I held a different political/religious view than mine didn't concern me. When I got the big spot lettering done most of the bumperstickers came off...and I felt a little bit of me came off with them.

Take care,
Lisa

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Mikey.

Thanks for asking.

No, I haven't seen, felt, or heard any interference coming from you.

Regarding how much personality to "show"... It's a difficult topic to address for me, because when I first came on the boards in the 1990's, I still had a lot of "carpet cleaner" in me. As a result, I was pretty "open". Sometimes, as a manufacturer, that can get in the way. But the "box" was opened long ago.

The main thing at this point, regarding a change of "presence" is to hold my impulses and remain "quieter", regarding opportunities that come whizzing by for a "fire-storm", so to speak. (Like the one that's going on now with Nick and Greenie, then everyone else piling on.)

In general, if there's someone who I don't like, don't feel comfortable around, has been two- faced (acted as a friend, or friendly, yet stabbed me in the back when they thought I wasn't looking), I simply ignore them from that point on. (That's in personal life as well as business.) Life is too short to waste time on "drain people", and I don't encourage them to hang around. So, the fact that I called you a while back when you needed some help, is an indication that I don't see you as acting that way.

As for the rest, I feel pretty comfortable in saying, "What you see is what you get." I'm not into pretenses and I'll tell you my actual take on stuff, when asked (though I may not put it in writing at times).

I know for a fact that one of my strong points is the fact that I used to clean carpet as an occupation for years. It helps me relate to our customers better and it helps me help them in ways that someone who has never actually cleaned, can't. But it's difficult to "switch gears" sometimes, between relating "a lot" (and being totally open) and "relating just enough" (and fitting the manufacturer "mold").

Duane

hogjowl

Idiot™
As I have said on many occasions, things happen here so fast that I find it hard to keep up with it all. I assume this thread was started because of some negative activity pointed at Duane in some other thread on this board.

What I have seen, in the past and up to the present time, is good natured ribbing at Duane for some of his off time activities, and most of it is always in good fun. I HAVE noticed though that Greenie seems to be taking personal offense at Duane lately, for reasons unknown to me, and appears to be following him around a bit these days causing trouble.

May be Greenie thinks Duane is a complete flake and feels it's his mission to keep innocent cleaners from falling into his clutches. (Like I feel about Odin.) It could be that you, Mikey, need to make Greenie lay off Duane the same way you made me stop with Odin.

Greenie

What makes you think I'm riding Duane, no more than the next guy who I might "disagree" with, and actually I agree with Duane more than I disagree with him. We just sell competitive products, that will always leave some room for headbutting on a given subject.

harryhides

Name
Tony
Duane and I agreed that Marty is a complete flake with some Obsessive Compulsive issues to work out. But since he is from Alabama, he is forgiven.

Michael Gerber and Rick Gelenas swear by their Dream Room sessions, Duane his sweat lodge experiences, Jimmy and Richard dream of one day seeing their teams win a game and Marty is well just sweaty.

:mrgreen:

Chris A

Name
Chris
Danny Strickland said:
if MARdy calls me queer one more time, i'm gonna prison rape him!!! :x

I just spit out my dip on the keyboard, thanks Asshole!

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My sales of "ElecTroCob" has not been affected one bit.

Harold has several models he uses.

Gary Taylor

"ElecTroCob"

Haven't heard that in a long time!

I have given up trying to follow anything on the boards anymore. Maybe back in 1999-2002, but now way to many people with way to many issues.

Gary Taylor

To be honest with you, I am a little unclear as to how I become one. I guess I need to reread that process. I do not have a paypal account, and would prefer not to get one. Is there a way to send a check somewhere? You can hold it until it clears. Generally takes about three months.
Let me know. It's something I should have done a long time ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom