Hidden charges - I finally have one I don't mind pushing

Anyone that calls me to clean crap or any other nasty organic matter is getting hit with a decontamination fee. The nastier the issue the higher the fee. A lady called me to clean two rooms. She failed to mention that she shit in the carpet. I had already quoted her a price over the phone. I told her there would be a hundred dollar decontamination fee (that is probably steep but I was in a take it or leave it mood) and that I would have to clean and sterilize my tools and tanks before I could clean another home. She understood perfectly. If a customer gripes then I will ask them would they want me to clean their carpet not using clean sanitary equipment. In order to do that requires time and money. The real issue here is that I don't want to do a job like that unless I am getting double my normal rate.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We just got a call from one of those nationwide management companies. Forgot what they are referred to here. We usually don't even respond but they said it was a bio job (2sf of blood on the carpet just cut it out and disinfect) 85 miles from us so I told our office person to say it would be 1500 and figured that would end it and they said Ok. Go figure. Work is where you find it I guess.
Al

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom