hiding a seam on a 78 oz saxony

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I sold some carpet to a customer recently, its a 78 oz plush saxony, I have some very good installers, I am certified in repair and reinstallation myself and would let them install in my own home, the problem is this customer is complaining that you can still see the seam, I honestly don't think the seam could have been done any better, how do you guys handle something like this??

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
That is one of pieces we had to make look flawless for our Karastan Certification. With this much face weight and pile height, you can not have even a single yarn stuck down in the seam, nor any gapping, or ledging or it will show. The edges must be row cut with proper with the proper gage left on each side to be seamed. And of course the edges must be sealed. This is what we call the nut cracker seam, you have it hit it perfectly or it becomes a problem. If you have some pics, it would help with what you can do to help the seam out. It could be as simple as a little steaming, some trimming, or even soem blending with a star roller or carpet tractor. However can't say what without seeing the seam. Also open it up a little bit and see how much yarn became stuck between the two pieces.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom