High flow flood jets

FastEddie

Has anyone ever tried a K6 or K7 flood jet? I just ordered some and believe 12 or 14 flow coming out of a single jet is gonna be sick. Talk about flow and impact.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Eddie;

We've used K-Jets for many years in KleenRite uphol. tools and a few wands.

The problem we have noticed is that the K-Jet has streaking potential due to the heavy flow on the edges.

Larry Cobb

Greenie

The K jet has the same elliptical pattern as a Vee jet, how is it heavy on the edges Larry? It looks kinda like an "eye" turned sideways ().

Only "e" series Vee and Tee jets would have a chance of being a bit heavy on the edges, this "even" flow jet is what HydraMaster uses on their single jet HydraHoe wand for just this reason.

Greenie

I'm with Loren, K1.5 jets X 6 = 18 flow, more than most TMs could handle, and more than the stock RV solution line on the wand could flow.

Sometimes you just have to call it good, and go from there.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Greenie said:
The K jet has the same elliptical pattern as a Vee jet, how is it heavy on the edges Larry?

I've asked the same the question cause I've read Larry say that many times.

Cause it's NOT been my experience.
I agree with the jet pile distortion/streaking on some carpets types, but the flow is heaviest in the MIDDLE, not the sides.
Least that what "I" see and feel on my flood jet hand tool and two SW wands I had

..L.T.A.

Matt King

You'll like it... I use my 2 jet wand on the Real nasties. I've dubbed it 'Section 8' ... 80 degree jets - 08 flow and about an 8 inch wide cleaning path. It doesn't cover alot of ground but it's very 'Focused' for flushing out some pretty sick stuff when called upon... Good for gum removal too!

Greenie

If that works for ya, replace those 8004 jets with some 8006, and get down to it!

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie & Meat;

Here is an K-Jet image from Spraying Systems, the manufacturer.

flat_Flood_spraying_sm_fmt.jpg

Notice the transparent area in the center. That is the thinnest sheet of water.

The outside edges are whiter from the Jet to the surface, which produces the heavy edge.

Spraying System engineers are the ones who verified the "heavy edges".

Larry Cobb

DavidVB

I don't know about the flow being heavier in the center or on the edges, but as someone who ran a Steamway wand for over 10 years, there is no doubt that the wand cleaned better in the center and also would cause fiber distortion in the center. If you wanted to smoke some gum out, you use the center of the wand. The distance the water travels in the center is clearly shorter so the heat is higher and possibly the impact as well.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Greenie, what 'impact' does aligning jets at the same degree have. The greenhorn you sent me has all the jets at more or less at the same angle, which I guess is necessary since the spray is angled to skim the glide.

Wouldnt you get a more even distribution of water if the jets are angled slightly askew? Like so:

anglekw5.jpg

Greenie

Tony, in short No.
When you say "impact" I'd like to point out that a jet strikes harder in the center of it's spray pattern than it's edges. So we want a 30% overlap to help to even out this impact discreptancy.
Now to be fair, your illustration is very close, there would be little difference between the two in practical application, you would have to offset the angle more drastically to be noticeable.

Larry, we have different info:

flat_spray_header_deflector.gif

"FloodJet spray nozzles feature a wide angle flat spray pattern with medium impact. They produce uniform spray distributions of medium-sized drops.
A round orifice and large, unobstructed flow passages minimize clogging problems. FloodJet nozzles are also suitable for use with air and steam. All FloodJet nozzles offer a precision-machined deflector surface which provides dependable, accurate control of deflection and spray angle."

Matt King

Ya, I was gonna do that... I picked up some new winter boots and our local Farm and Fleet store last week and I noticed they had some 80 degree jets with 06,08 and 010 flow in stock. They were all in brass though. Any stainless tip jets they had were plastic. I lucked out one day when I got a 4 pack of stainless 8004's for 10 bucks at Tractor Supply. Now they only stock the plastic jets... I should ask em to order in a couple packs of 8006's in stainless. I'm not using K jets Larry, just T jets on an old 2 inch 2 jet wand I modified... All of my other wands use V jets.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Greenie;

K-Jets have a spray angle of ~128°.

Which of the two photos above has that wide angle ??

You must be looking at data on a different Jet.

Also, for multi-jet manifolds, Spraying Systems recommend 5° to 7° angle for each jet.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
same experience as Dave Van Briggle.
(Hope i spelled that right, DaveVB)

also, when feeling with my hand, the center has the most impact.
So Larry, it doesn't matter (to me anyway) what the "engineers" say, cause in the "real world" of cleaning carpets, the impact and streak/jet distortion happens in the middle, regardless of whether the sides actually have more water

see what I'm sayin'??

..L.T.A.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
any jet may have more coming out at the sides but the water coming out in the middle has water droplets attached on both sides but the water at the sides only has additional spray on one side so once it hits the carpet it's about the same.

steve r

im probably wrong here but wouldnt pressure changes alter the flow out of the jet. i would think the lower the pressure the more out of the middle and the higher pressure would put more out to the sides.
ive seen this with pressure washers where you have to adjust the pressure to where you want the most impact or to get an even cleaning path.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Not only does the Steam Way wand have more impact in the center, but there is more water flow there also. Again, decades of real world experience would tell you a different story than your what your picture implies.

Loren

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom