high flow

N

neapolitan

I have been useing a 12 inch. 4 jet greenhorn and a 14 inch. 5 jet greenhorn wand on and off for about a year now. I just keep going back to my 12 inch two jet wand. I clean at about 400 to 500 psi. with the two jet and 700 to 800 with the greenhorn. The 12 inch two jet wand is better for really dirty carpet. I did take the glide off the greenhorn but the jets hit the carpet. I am thinking about taking the extenders off and taking the flow way down by replacing the jets. It seems with less flow the water hits the carpet harder and cleans better. I have adjusted the greenhorn so the water is hitting the glide 50 % and still get jet marks at higher psi. I want to know if anyone else has changed the greenhorn to clean the rat nastys? Thanks Kyle

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
sorry but i don't understand how lower pressure and smaller jets will clean better then higher flow and higher pressure. something doesn't add up.

gene

N

neapolitan

Ifeel like high flow is like having a garden hose with nothing on the end. And with smaller jets the water has to move faster to get through the smaller opening like having a sprayer at the end of the hose. So, it hits the carpet harder and with the jets back a few inches the water is more even so no jet marks and deeper cleaning with no angle. With high flow I can fill my waste tank in two jobs. With my two jet wand I can do four or five. I know everyone thinks high flow is the best. But, I think some people are just going with the flow.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
neapolitan said:
I know everyone thinks high flow is the best. .

no, "everyone" doesn't.
increased flow is good to a "point"...then you're just wasting water for little to no gain.
The mega flow and psi is a discussion board FAD started by a trinket salesman.

also, many had to increase PSI and flow to clean "as good" as before , cause someone convinced them that spray skimming off the glide is better than impacting the fibers.... :roll:

Maybe cause it had to impact the glide at the silly flow and PSI recommended to stop jet distortion....

very VERY few have the additional equipment and/or the motivation to take the time to actually side by side evaluate in the "REAL WORLD" what they "think" is true.
Most just simply parrot what others say...whether they have a clue or not...

..L.T.A.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
meAt said:
neapolitan said:
I know everyone thinks high flow is the best. .

no, "everyone" doesn't.
increased flow is good to a "point"...then you're just wasting water for little to no gain.
The mega flow and psi is a discussion board FAD started by a trinket salesman.

also, many had to increase PSI and flow to clean "as good" as before , cause someone convinced them that spray skimming off the glide is better than impacting the fibers.... :roll:

Maybe cause it had to impact the glide at the silly flow and PSI recommended to stop jet distortion....

very VERY few have the additional equipment and/or the motivation to take the time to actually side by side evaluate in the "REAL WORLD" what they "think" is true.
Most just simply parrot what others say...whether they have a clue or not...

..L.T.A.
Amen!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
A couple of key things to keep in mind about high flow.

The best setup differs depending on your truckmount and wanding style.

Its more designed to deliver the maximum amount of heat to the fiber. Couple with nice slow keyed back strokes and a designed that is entended to shear soil away from the fibers instead of down towards the base.

But this conept is best used with good dwell of preconditioners and a good scrubbing. The high flow wands are not designed to provide agitation. If you are used to scrubbing away, you'll never be happy with a high flow wand.

With a good preconditioner, good agitation, and a well formulated rinse agent, I have found that my 14" greenhorn flushes the best at around 500 to 600 psi, while my program quadjet is works the best at 400 to 600 psi.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I'll ditto David's comment. 500-600PSI with 5x03jets that hit the carpet just below the glide.
Smaller jets means you can clean more with a single tank of water but the impact of a water droplet from a 01 jet will not equal the impact from a 03 jet. Plus the smaller water droplet cannot carry the heat of the larger droplet.

I don't believe a higher flow would do me any better.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I like the high flow (6 x 03, 5-600psi) on my Ti wand because I put down a lot of prespray (usually Grease Eraser) with my HF, and I can rinse it out well. The jets don't quite hit the glide and thus are really flushing. I go through a lot of water, usually about 200 gallons, to clean four whole houses. I can go faster and clean better with high flow. Working alone I'll take any efficiency I can get.

Chris A

Name
Chris
steve frasier said:
you ruined the greenhorn

I have one as a backup wand, good product

Just take the extenders off and it will go back to being a stock piece of shit CMP. That wand was useless, imo shiteatinggrin

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Ron L is just an animal.. (though if I had a vortex or similar power truckmount AND the capacity I prolly would run that high as well!

Ron W, Art and Chris get it. And think all you want about board dujour.. but I keep getting real world fantastic results with great dry times and ultra clean carpets! That equals happy customers and well paying customers.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
sweendogg said:
Ron L is just an animal.. (though if I had a vortex or similar power truckmount AND the capacity I prolly would run that high as well!

Ron W, Art and Chris get it. And think all you want about board dujour.. but I keep getting real world fantastic results with great dry times and ultra clean carpets! That equals happy customers and well paying customers.
So, David.
Did you start charging by the PSI ? !gotcha!

The more PSI the greater the income dejour.

Actually, I think we should add a category: Charge by the room, square feet and the new one by the PSI.

Next, is by the jet size!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
sweendogg said:

You don't need a vortex to do that.. :roll:

Like I stated many times here, I use 20 flow on my 14" Greenhorn and I don't have a vortex... a freakin el diablo is all I run with that 20 flow!! (I also use 2'5" hose) It cleans/flushes with excellent results> No residue problems with less wet passes somewhat amus

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
think of showers at hotels....

do you like those restricted one that feel like needles hittin ya....

or do you like the full flow beating on you when its one that they let rip????

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
kolfer1 said:
sweendogg said:

So, David.
Did you start charging by the PSI ? !gotcha!

The more PSI the greater the income dejour.

Actually, I think we should add a category: Charge by the room, square feet and the new one by the PSI.

Next, is by the jet size!
Absolutley :roll: doesn't everybody??!!

:mrgreen: Happy customers say yes to additional services which means more possible money to be made per job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom