High Heat Is Overrated

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I must have bumped thermostat dial. My water seemed kind of hot. When I was done cleaning I noticed I was at 310 Degrees ATM. I brought it back down to 250 ATM and it seemed to clean better.

gOLDEN bOY

G

Its vaporizing and all your chems are worthless at those temps,you need to flush out the soil load with water,otherwise we could all go buy steamers instead.250 might be the max atm,its keeping 210-230 constant that really matters.

G

When i do restaurants i pretreat heavily; then have pump sprayer for the traffic areas; I use only hot water above 250; bad grease; such as Walmart entrances; 300.

Cameron1

Waldo said:
I must have bumped thermostat dial. My water seemed kind of hot. When I was done cleaning I noticed I was at 310 Degrees ATM. I brought it back down to 250 ATM and it seemed to clean better.

gOLDEN bOY

DUH

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
there's a noticeable going from 200 to 240.
There's no difference I can tell going from 250 to 280 (all the higher my temp gauge reads)

..L.T.A.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
If it was truly that hot, you would have fried your hose if it was longer than five minutes.

I did that last year at 320 degrees for about 10 minutes until the wand was absolutely screaming. Looked outside and 200' of parflex hose was smoking. Fried it, fired up the truck on the next job and it had about 1000 pin holes in it.

The previous posts about temp are correct from my testing. Not too much difference over 250-260 atm, that is why we focus on flow over heat.

Greenie

boazcan said:
The previous posts about temp are correct from my testing. Not too much difference over 250-260 atm, that is why we focus on flow over heat.

High Flow at 210-220 is magical... but you have to have the HIGH FLOW part.

Your minimum required temp. is 180. Every 10 degrees after that can increase the power of your chemical by 50 %. Yes heat important but if you didnt have pure steam at the wand i dought it was 350.

lancehollister said:
Your minimum required temp. is 180. Every 10 degrees after that can increase the power of your chemical by 50 %. Yes heat important but if you didnt have pure steam at the wand i dought it was 350.
That has to be one of the most ancient wise tales of cleaning carpet. It's not true your chemicals don't double in strength with higher heat....

The Preacher

[/quote]High Flow at 210-220 is magical... but you have to have the HIGH FLOW part.[/quote]

and where could one find such trinkits Greenie???

LADwig on Dannys computer

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
rjfdube said:
When i do restaurants i pretreat heavily; then have pump sprayer for the traffic areas; I use only hot water above 250; bad grease; such as Walmart entrances; 300.

So Ricky- Do you need to boil pans of water in the back room of Walmart?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Doug Cox said:
rjfdube said:

So Ricky- Do you need to boil pans of water in the back room of Walmart?

I think RicHie is pulling our leg.

250 degree water
pulling 200ft of hose on a porty
.12 cent-o-square for homes
.40 sf for com

he MUST be pulling our leg...

..L.T.A.

G

Actually,like his mentor Mikey,he is just exaggerating to impress you guys.Man up Ricky,God knows the other guy wont.

V

vegijohn

I need high heat because my custys don't want me to use strong chems.

G

Sticky said:
lancehollister said:
That has to be one of the most ancient wise tales of cleaning carpet. It's not true your chemicals don't double in strength with higher heat....

I was taught that once your rinse solution reaches 118 degrees, the chem activity doubles for each progressive 18 degree increase.

Is this not true?

Or did Lance just word it wrong?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Josh said:
I was taught that once your rinse solution reaches 118 degrees, the chem activity doubles for each progressive 18 degree increase.

Is this not true?

no, it's not true....not in the sense that it cleans "twice as good" with each 18 degree rise
also, once you reach a certain temp for a particular chem (I think they call it the "cloud point") the increase slows way down

Where's Shawn or one of the other brainiacs to 'splain clearly.

think I'll start a new thread and see if I can get Shawn's attention

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom