High Performance Mods

Greenie

How many lurkers and quiet ones are secretly thinking "You guys are just plain nuts!" when you read about all this high performance carpet cleaning stuff, how many are saying That's great for you, but I'm sticking to what I've been dooing for a long time, my customers don't know any better, and I'm leaving it that way?

Multi-truckers are excluded, I understand getting 40 stubborn techs to change is not an easy path, it's not their reputation.

Bob Foster

Re: You guys are just plain nuts!

How many lurkers are secretely asking themselves if these modifications people talk about really are worthwhile? I think lots.

Anyone who has any doubt or wants to put out the challenge as to if something is worthwhile or not can

A) lurk
B) stop lurking and ask a few questions becuase its the ones who don't ask or know it all that are the dumb ones
C) become a supportive member and mine the knuggets of information only available to supportive members

There is no such thing as a dumb question only dumb answers from BaWB (unless its about religion or big blocks)

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

Well there are no stupid questions but.....
There is a surplus of inquisitive idiots.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

And how many of them are thinking.....whats he trying to sell us now?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin

Greenie............you can't teach old dogs new tricks....100 years from now you can go and dig a few up and they will still have that POS hydro soaker clamped in there hand

Rex Tyus

Jim Martin said:
Greenie............you can't teach old dogs new tricks....100 years from now you can go and dig a few up and they will still have that POS hydro soaker clamped in there hand

HEY!!! I resemble that remark. :evil:

:D

RUGMAN1969

Kind of like a barber shop, sometimes you learn more by keeping your mouth shut! 8)

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger

I'm so nuts, I seem to be buying everything. I am always trying to find anything that can make an improvement for us. My clients also appreciate it and do notice the difference. They also do a lot of positive talking (advertising) for me as well.

Mark Saiger

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

some of has to do with the local sales people, they can give a cleaner the impression that "if we don't sell it then you don't need it" they talk like some of it is a gimmick, especially went it comes to 2.5 hose

I deal with it quite a bit when talking to other cleaners , the established supply company wants no part of it while a newer supply company wants any advantage to get a new customer

I sold my Thermal Wave II through the local supply company. They told the guy they sold it to that a glide wasn't needed. Well they demoed the machine on a commercial carpet with 50' of hose out. The salesman tells me a couple of days later that he could barely move the wand on the CGD. He would have died trying to push a glideless Ti wand across it.

anyone that says a hole glide doesn't pull more soil from a carpet and leave it drier is a fool

I think that many don't want to spend the money and the Tech in no wiser

I would buy more stuff but you keep talking me out of it

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

steve frasier said:
anyone that says a hole glide doesn't pull more soil from a carpet and leave it drier is a fool

what kind of side by side tests have you personally done, Steve?
I'd be interested in your findings compared to mine

..L.T.A.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox

I didn't really think there was "That much difference" until I went from a HM CDS to a Powerclean Genesis. Then I went from a 1.5 wand to 2" wand. Then I went from 2" hose to 2.5 . All of the mods step up the performance, some more than others.

jimmyolas

I recentley went from 15 foot 1.5 whip and a 1.5 inch wand with glide ( i knew i would get a boost in performance but just needed to do it), to 60 foot of 2.5 and a 2 inch greenie pimped ( almost double the jet size)glided wand.

on the first day i checked about 3 times if all four jets were working because the carpet was hardly wet. Its been about a month and if any of you out there are in a similar situation please check into it and give greenie a call. It is very impressive !

jimmy o

Able 1

Name
Keith

I just met Shane T. today and his truckmount is awesome

he has tweeked some things and the vac.is incredable.

Im going to try the same with mine so I will be calling soon, greenie.

My motor is not quite as big as his but i should be getting more vac.

I really don't know why it dosen't come that way from the manufacturer.

Walt

2nd Post

nothing to add. Just listening in. Making changes after you all hash it out. Lots of good stuff.

oh yeah, 2.5 hose / high flow / hole glide - ridiculous heat and happy customers.

Walt

Walt

Things are going well. For what ever reason I've been really enjoying this business. I've been lurking for the last month or so.

matt sheppard

i'm just happy to be here. there are hardly any reputable cleaners in my area and nobody that i can learn from locally, so this place is a library of info and social haven for us obsessivecarpetcleaninggeeks.

GRHeacock

Walt cleaned MY carpet last week.

It was NOT dry when he finished.

It actually took 30 minutes.

Looked beautiful!!

Still does after a week.

Gary

Greenie

It was an honest question, not making or selling anything new this week, For every "poster" there a 10 guys who buy stuff that I've never ever seen a post from, so I was just curious.

Jayhawk strikes me as a taker.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

steve frasier said:
Larry

try a hole glide on a #7 blower if you feel I am wrong

First off, I didn't mention a thing about "wrong"
just asking what side by side evaluations you've done and how they compare to my side by side evaluations.

I don't have #7 blower, (most of us don't).
But I do have a mega heat TM with #4 blower, 2.5" hose, notched Ti, high flow w/extenders and several different glides to do side by side comparisons in my own home and in rat holes.

I was curious if you've actually done any side by side comparisons.
Cause in reality, VERY few actually have

..L.T.A.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L

Notched on the side just like I have had breather holes on my castex for years!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Walrus said:
Notched on the side just like I have had breather holes on my castex for years!

nah, Jimbo.
Notched to easily slide different glides on and off.
That's why I "know" what I know and don't just parrot what the pack says.

of coarse, other's milelage may vary.
But...VERY few do side by sides to find out

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

nutz?
Squirrel.png

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland

I went from a protable steam machine with a positive displacement blower and electric heater to a truck mount with number 5 positive displacement blower, fuel oil burner, auto pumpout, 2.5 inch vac hose hooked to 2.5 inch vac system, 3/8 inch solution hose, and single low set large flood jet wand enclosed in a heat chamber.

Of course that was not from reading this board. I bought the Steam Way Turbomatic truck mount in 1978, 30 years ago.

Its about time you guys caught up with me :!: :wink:

Loren

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning

What is curious is is why cleaners have to go through boutique suppliers like Greenglides and Coolcuffs to modify their truckmounts which should be maximized at the factory in the first place. Don't the engineering departments at the TM manufactorers keep up with the times? Do they ever do any actual field testing of their products?

Bob Foster

I believe there is a great amount of greed, ignorance, and complacency on the part of major manufacturers and some distributors. If you don't believe some of the larger companies don't have their head completely up there asses then I have some valuable GM shares to sell you. Some companies NOT all large companies.

Many distributors and manufactures propagate whispering campaigns to those who listen to them, including the naïve newbies that people who get carpet cleaning product and technique information from the internet are misguided by biased extremists and other people who really don't know what they are talking about.

Its not that these large manufacturers don't have the capability to compete, it’s that they don't have the will to compete. That is, until it is too late for many of them.

How are they going to compete in the next decade? I personally believe they will do it by copying innovations of the boutique manufacturers and suppliers. The large companies will also start having their equipment manufactured off shore so as to be able lower their costs in order to support and please there enormously expensive distribution channels.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier

Don't the engineering departments at the TM manufactorers keep up with the times? Do they ever do any actual field testing of their products?

hydramaster gave a discount to some cleaners if they bought the new Titan and gave them feed back abou the machine

But I do have a mega heat TM with #4 blower, 2.5" hose, notched Ti, high flow w/extenders and several different glides to do side by side comparisons in my own home and in rat holes.

I just put hole glides on the RX 20 with a 470 MAXX and seen a difference

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom