HIGH SECURITY CARPET CLEANING WALL PENETRATOR

Judson was presented with a challenge.

Mike Ramsey, a good friend of mine and a carpet cleaner for over 30 years, had a customer with a high security issue.
There was no way to keep the doors open while cleaning. Judson Vacuum is a contractor with the U.S Postal Service, so we adapted our vacuum technology to develop a secure way of cleaning this building.

Picture00322.png

cool_hose_hook-up_003.jpg

cool_hose_hook-up_002.jpg

cool_hose_hook-up_001.jpg

cool_hose_hook-up_004.jpg

cool_hose_hook-up_005.jpg

As you can see in the pictures, the vacuum hose's are connected to a valve. This valve has a spring loaded cover that automatically shuts when you remove the vacuum hose. This valve is located on both sides of the wall, one on the inside and one on the outside.
Above the valve is a set of quick couplings. Hopefully Mike will come on and introduce himself and tell you guys more about it.
By the way Mike is running a Judson TNT that is 24 years old.

cool_hose_hook-up_007.jpg

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Thats cool they allowed that to be put in the wall like that.

I hope they used carpet cleaning company taxxes to pay fot it also.

R

R W

Pretty cool......I remember reading in one of the trade magazines years ago about a company that sold the equipment to install in buildings. They had lock boxes for the connections, and you could run the system up many floors. I've even asked one of my commercial customers to let me show him the system before he remodeled or built any buildings.

I think Butler had built a complete system for installing for installing in high rise buildings. That also was in one of the trade mags.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I wouldn't think they'd let you put that in. that's slick. So is the Hi-Rise idea. I always wondered if there was a way to hook two trucks onto one big upline to be able to stretch farther on long hose-runs or if that would even work. I figure before you start doing crazy stuff like that you'd just buy a vortex.

Able 1

Name
Keith
It would be sweet if they thought of this when they build these buildings... 2.5 to the 5th floor with the easy hook up outside and shut offs on every floor!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
How much did the set up cost Les. I've been talking about that set up for years, just had no one to want to try it.
Plumb a highrise like you would a builtin vac system, run the soln line inside the vac line, that way if it ever broke it would flood out the vacuum pipe, not into the building. Use 2.5hose or 3"abs, no flow restriction in the walls.
Great for security, and safety.
Just as easy to clean the 2nd floor as it is the 20th. One service spot to park a truck, just plug into the wall and carry the other hoses to whatever floor you're on.

Back
Top Bottom