High Sheer kits

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
I know Joe is not everyones favorite. I've purchased a couple things from him and haven't had a problems.

Anybody use these? I know when they first came out everyone thought they were the cats azz but I don't hear anyone talk about them now. Did anyone take the plunge?

Thanks,
Bill Morgan

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Shear kits are great if they are properly designed. Worthless if not.

I am not familiar with all of Joe's shear kits, so don't know which are hot and which are not.

Take care,
Lisa

Bob Foster

I've been using Joe Bristor's manifold on my Bentley for about a year and it works well. I just received the Mytee manifold and will put it on and compare them.

When the Bentley came out Mytee provided a "temporary" manifold made up of brass fittings with the understanding that of those who purchased these would receive a replacement manifold when they became available. The new OEM manifold is designed to work as intended and fits the extrusion on the wand head better.

Although Joe's manifold works excellent it is obvious that it is an aftermarket adaptation and does have some small shortcomings.

Joes manifold has some features that are not on the new Bentley manifold. It is more adjustable to the angles and distances of the jets to the glide and the carpet. This extra adaptability causes me to pay much more attention to these adjustments which can be easily knocked out of alignment.

But it does work very well and Joe stands behind his products.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
I also have it on the bentley and like it.

I would think there is a lot of ok wands out there that his kit could turn into great wands.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I have Joe's shear kit on my 14" greenhorn. It was getting tired, so I ordered a shear kit, temp gauge and stainless soft touch as kit. It made a great wand even better. I could not imagine using any other wand. Very quickly you can adjust it to suit cleaning needs. Highly recommended. I have only ever had top notch service from Joe.

I am also going to order another spray bar too be able to quickly change jet sizes. Cheaper than buying the jets separately from other suppliers.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I have Joe's sheer kit on my Westpac 14X2 with a hole Greenglide. It took a bit of time to get it dialed in but now I really like it. Very even spray pattern.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Bill Soukoreff said:
I have Joe's shear kit on my 14" greenhorn.

I have a greenhorn too on level cut nylon it's awesome but most of the carpet I deal with is berber and I alway end up switching to my Steamway wand to get more flushing.

Thought his sheer kit would allow me to change the angle and get a little more of a direct hit instead of skimming the surface. I've bumped up my pressure but I just don't feel like I'm getting good flushing with the five jets 10 flow. I think 4 jets is the sweet spot for me and am considering a PC quad jet.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Appreciate your feedback 8)
Bill

S

sam miller

I got a quad from prochem I believe its the best berber wand IMO I got the the sheer kit from Joe Sometimes I loves it sometimes I dont, I do adjust it a lot depending on carpet Its great on short pile and berber. Running 4 #2 jets and banana glide dries fast!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
WJMorgan3 said:
I think 4 jets is the sweet spot for me and am considering a PC quad jet.

I have a PC Quad jet by Joe with the shear kit and temp gauge. Everything he makes seems to be very well thought out and constructed, and his service is great. He does seem to have better relationships with his customers than his business partners, from what is floating around on the boards, so if your considering something of his as a customer, don't be spooked by stories about him, his service is top notch. The only problem with the PCQJ is the thing is fookin' HEAVY. I am glad I made pizza for 8 years and have the upper body strength.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Bill Soukoreff said:
I have Joe's shear kit on my 14" greenhorn. It was getting tired, so I ordered a shear kit, temp gauge and stainless soft touch as kit. It made a great wand even better. I could not imagine using any other wand. Very quickly you can adjust it to suit cleaning needs. Highly recommended. I have only ever had top notch service from Joe.

I am also going to order another spray bar too be able to quickly change jet sizes. Cheaper than buying the jets separately from other suppliers.

I have a "Shear Kit from Joe" in stock for a 14" CMP if anybody wants one.

Larry

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Goomer said:
I have a PC Quad jet by Joe with the shear kit and temp gauge.

Frank,
I was looking at his PC Quad wand package.. I can't believe his price for a PC Quad jet wand? Is it a real PC wand or a cheap immitation knock off?

sam miller said:
I got a quad from prochem I believe its the best berber wand
Sam, that's great info to have!

sam miller said:
Sometimes I loves it sometimes I dont,
What is it specifically you don't like about it?

Thanks,
Bill

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
WJMorgan3 said:
Frank,
I was looking at his PC Quad wand package.. I can't believe his price for a PC Quad jet wand? Is it a real PC wand or a cheap immitation knock off?

Real deal.
I know you would think the addition of the shear kit and temp gauge would make the price alot higher if you add everything individually, but he puts together a great package for the price. Just call him, he will be more than glad to answer any questions you have.
Tell him I sent you. shiteatinggrin

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I have Joes Titanium bi-metal greenhorn copy with a hybrid "Back saver" and the high sheer kit @10 flow, VERY well made, both the sheer kit and the wand... yeah its a vinus wand, but it works and works well.

Ive waited until Ive put it through the rigors to say anything about it, and using it on 9-10 houses a day for 2 months its certainly holding up, not one complaint.
Only wish I went with a slot glide, I dont like the streaks the hybrid leaves.... looks like I raked the carpet.

Getting less than an hour dry times.

Now, I will say I have owned (given to me free) other vinus wands, and they were shit. Terrible spray pattern, and just awkward to use.

Joes service is top notch also, I got a spray bar with the wrong flow, and after telling him, a new one with the proper jetting was at my door in 2 days.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
AshleyMckendree said:
using it on 9-10 houses a day for [=quote"AshleyMckendree"]

How is this possible????? Unless - do 1 room in a very small house, I could not do 9-10 houses in one day. And I'm not even that old..

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
AshleyMckendree said:

How is this possible????? Unless - do 1 room in a very small house, I could not do 9-10 houses in one day. And I'm not even that old..

Hackin out groupon jobs.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
AshleyMckendree said:
Zalan Szabo (zee) said:
AshleyMckendree said:

Hackin out groupon jobs.

What's your procedure on those jobs? I assume you don't vacuum and just run the pressure line in with vac hose right after and don't prespray just run emulsifier in your line. Right?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
AshleyMckendree said:
yeah its a vinus wand, but it works and works well.

Ash,
Sorry I haven't been around the block enough but what's a vinus wand? You make it sound like it's a negative? What's wrong with it? Bi-metal? Is there an issue with welds cracking or something? Can you elaborate? 1 hour dry times don't sound like a bad thing but it's that more of a reflection of your truckmount than strickly the type of wand you use?

Thanks,
Bill

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
I use the Judson O2 System rinse and the spray.

I walk in, pre-spray with pepsi sprayer (Carbonated) with O2 mixed at 1oz/gallon, while I do that dad brings in the hose, when Im done spraying the machine is fired up and we get going.

Job is flushed with 12 flow, and 600psi. ONE dry stroke.

Customer hands over groupon, I place magnet on fridge.

@WJMorgan, I sent you a pm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom