higher flow jets, keying wand only on back stroke

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I have stuck with the stock 6 total jet on my wand mainly because I run a smaller machine and don't think I have the heat of vac power to deal with more, however the other day I got to thinking, I key the wand normally on the forward and back stroke, what if I was to change these out to say a 10 total jet, and only key the wand on the back stroke. I would get more rinsing power and I think the extraction would be fine or even better because the vac opening is right there to pick it up, any idea if this would yield better overall results??

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I run electric blowers and use a stock 14" greenhorn with 10 flow. I don't see why you could not run higher flow even with a smaller PD blower. The key is the angled jet/glide combo. I normally trigger just the back stroke, but on nasty traffic areas I trigger forward and back. Dry times are always great at 400-450 PSI.

G

It will work great,BUT,you should get extenders and you have to be able to skim the glide or your dry times will suffer.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
You lose dwell time. That's the time that the detergent is doing the work for you to make your life easier. No sin to working harder if you want though.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
What you running???

I have a 36, and am running a 15 flow, with 900 psi (ATM), and my dry times are a few hrs. But i can say i RINSE the hell out of their carpet..

I run a full trigger all the way across the room (flow fired burner) and then a dry stroke back across the room..

I have tweaked the hell out of my plumbing though... Which allows for the most bang for the buck...

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Steve, I did basically the same thing. I have not had a problem and it greatly increased my speed in rentals. Then if I really need to rinse the hell out of an area, I can still key in both directions.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dealtimeman said:
doug what is your water usage per hour?

uhhh lets see, i clean this one theater, that the chimp keeps that thing going till i shut down to dump..

I think its an 80 gallon tank (4 chamber steamaction tank)

we are there about 5 hrs, and i dump roughly 5 times....

so about 80 an hr...

i also did a bucket test, and it was 1.25 ish less the mist that comes out the top, which you dont loose in the carpet..

the trick is in the angle boys

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom