Higher PSI

R

R W

Had a chat with Greenie yesterday about 2 1/2 hoses, and cleaning with the Ti wand. On some of the nastier jobs, I was pulling out the Steamway flood wand....it puts out a crap load of solution in a concentrated area, but the 1 1/2 tube restricts even the Genesis vacuum. With the Ti, I was running about 5-550 PSI, and the flow didn't seem to agitate the bad areas as well. He suggested, and I kicked up the PSI to about 750, and what a difference it made. What kind of PSI are you running, and with what wand and flow??

Oh....I run slotted or hybrid glides on both.

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
I run 700 - 800 Psi with a Greenhorn wand, 10 flow. 2 in all the Way from a no 4 blower. No in line filter. I'm using quite a bit of water (compared to my old setup - 400psi 06 flow pmf 802 wand) but most carpets are left only slightly damp to the touch. The Greenhorn easily out cleans any wand Ive ever used. Its a great wand.

T

The Magician

RW are you using extensions and what size jets. Are your jets hitting the glide? i am concerned about over-wetting over 550 psi

Supersucker

I am at 500 psi with a Ti wand, 9 flow. Soon I will go to 12 flow at maybe 350-400 to keep from blasting water all the way to the backing, while having the option to crank it up to flush out urine & whatnot.

If they are too nasty, I find prescrub to be worth the time FWIW.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Wow thats weird. I had a tile job yesterday had my PSI up to 750. Forgot to turn it back down today for a carpet job. Carpets were lookin a little more pimped today. I have a Twand which is pimped by Greenie. I guess I will be leaving it at 700-750. It must have helped it was a 300 dollar job and he tipped me 50 more. I am finally gettin busy. I had a real shitty April and beginning of May. My customers must be getting their monopoly money back.

Golden Boy

LeeCory

R.W. I run the same machine as you and same wand as you. I have it "Greenied" at 12 flow with a Hybrid glide. Most of the time I am at 500 psi and that is plenty just like you said. Once and awhile I will push it up to around 600.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
when I worked for rainbow we cleaned at 1000psi, a little streaking but not too bad, next place I worked was about 600psi, now that I have my own biz I run about 450

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I usually change it based on the job.

Anywhere from 500 - 800 with a 10 flow greenhorn. On the real nasties, not many of those, switch to the 15 flow at max psi. Then hook up water hose, because it goes fast.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
600 with a 12 flow....

funny because on houses i was just thinking of dropping it back a little...

commercial noooo brainer, give me the high psi. baby..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
same as Dirk..........but I am at about 450.......

I am in no hurry .....I do nice slow even strokes...

it is only a 1/4 inch fiber....

Greenie

boazcan said:
I usually change it based on the job.

Anywhere from 500 - 800 with a 10 flow greenhorn. On the real nasties, not many of those, switch to the 15 flow at max psi. Then hook up water hose, because it goes fast.

I'm glad Brian posted.

It's one of the most common questions I get on the phone each week, What press. to operate at?

I always say wouldn't you use less pressure on a 20oz. cheap apt. grade carpet than you would on an 80 oz. thick plush?

Rex Tyus

It's one of the most common questions I get on the phone each week, What press. to operate at?

I always say wouldn't you use less pressure on a 20oz. cheap apt. grade carpet than you would on an 80 oz. thick plush?

NOPE! I just pull the wand faster.

Just kidding. :D

Greenie

Also....operating pressure has a hell of a lot to do with the wand, If I was running a PMF 2 jet, 400psi would probably be my maximum, a prochem could easily run 200 psi more on the same carpet, and a GH 200 more above that, none of the above would over wet with a conscientious operator.

Now Under Dry is another question.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom