hip replacement

Al

Any of you ever get one, or know someone who has?

How did it work out?

I want to trade my left hip in........bad

do they make them in teflon? !gotcha!

Al

thats what i told the doctor, it can't be age my right hip is the same age as my left and it feels fine

i guess the mri says arthritis in the left hip, i can't bend to the left side at the hip at all, if i try the pain is unbelievable

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Alan my cousin got one when he was in early to mid 40's. He said he never was able to get his golf swing back but in normal daily life OK. He also told me he was in need of a replacement for the replacement, said Doc told him his kind was good for about 10 years he is 53 now.

Jamesh921

Name
James
Hey Al,
I feel you pain. I was diagnosed with Degenerative Arthritis in my left hip about 5 years ago (I'm now 46).

The Doc told me to tough it out as long as I could (would even upgrade my pain medication to help handle the pain) because hip replacements don't last forever. He told me they only last about 15-20 years, depending on your physical activity. After that, you have to have another replacement.

I've been on 7.5 mg Lortab for the past 5 years. I only take the meds when I REALLY can't stand it. Weather changes DO MAKE A DIFFERENCE. More pain as the weather changes.

I've endured so far, but am beginning to lean more and more toward going under the knife (maybe).

I had a conversation with a fellow in hi 60s who had a replacement. He said it was the best thing he ever did. Pain was gone and mobility completely returned after 6 weeks. That was HIS testimony. I'm sure everyone's testimony would be slightly different. And some may be even more exciting.

The only real advice I can give you is, "well, if you choose to do it, let me know how it goes, because I may soon need the name of your doctor - - - - IF he's good". 8)

Seriously Al, good luck. I hope (and believe) that all will turn out well for you. From what I've been told, you have to treat it like a Band-Aid ----- just rip it off quick and get it over with. It may hurt at first, but you end up dancing in the end.

Oh, and by the way, they will have you up and walking on your new hip THE SAME DAY of the surgery. So, to impress them, try to walk to the nearest liquor store and purchase some "pain medication enhancements". But, tell them to follow you with a wheel chair "just in case". shiteatinggrin

James

RickL

I've known two people that had it done and they both said the same thing as James friend.
They felt great and couldn't believe they had waited so long.
Good luck hope you get it taken care of!

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
My cousin, who also is a carpet cleaner, had that done. He was diagnosed in his early 40's and told to wait as long as possible since the replacement would only last about 20 years. I think he was about 50 when he finally had it done. He is 58 now.

I can give you contact information if you wish to talk to him directly.

Al

My techs aunt and uncle had them and Love the results and that's what I've been finding out from a lot of folks shiteatinggrin

One person who pm'd me was back to work in 3 weeks!

"nothing hurts worse than pain"

Going Fishing, have a great day 8)

P

Phoenix Phil

Both my Mom and Dad did. Mom was able to stop taking Vicodin right after the surgery. She waited too long and had alot of muscle atrophy so I would make sure to get it done if you notice you are hunching or favoring it, because it can cause more problems. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom