Hit me with some rug questions!

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Alright you guys and gals... I will not have a lot of time with you all at the big Mikey gig, so I want to make it as valuable to those coming as possible.

I'll be chatting about general rug cleaning - good, bad, and ugly. I'll gauge how many beginners versus knowers are in the audience, and we'll adjust accordingly.

I'll be talking also about odor removal strategies (besides plugging your nose...) with other smelly experts, in relation to textiles, upholstery, and living spaces.

Instead of showing up thinking that I will know what you want to know - if you plan to be in Nashville, let me know if you have any particular questions, or if you just want any info you can get.

I like to teach what people want, and real world know-how, rather than teaching you answers to a test.

Looking forward to hanging with y'all in Nashville,
Lisa

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I guess you'll have to teach Porky about pig skin rugs, and since he makes his bead out of grasses, you coudl always talk about hemp, sisal, jute, or coconut husk fiber rugs.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I have a question Lisa. You're at a rug cleaning event the "top rug people" are there Ruth, Jeff, Phil, Dusty,Aaron, Ellen..
you've had a bit to drink you decide to go skinny dipping (keep both hands on the people) some one needs to watch your purse ..who from the list above is it and why ...?

Carpetmuncher

Even though I won't be there, how do you tactfully explain to a client that the expensive silk rug she bought when she was overseas for $XXXXX.XX, is actually an art silk rug and not genuine silk. ??

Or explain that the smelly Indian wool rug whose fibres will not stand up because the wool was shorn from a dead sheep.??

Or how to get those fringes really clean without using bleach, that some fringes are not meant to be snow white.??

And how to get the bloody annoying knots out of the fringes easily. ??

Just a few simple questions that I'm sure most would come across, especially those without a dedicated rug plant, or newbies to the game.

Carpetmuncher. shiteatinggrin

Carpetmuncher

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Plus I stuffed up, it should have been Lounge Lizard. :wink:

On me new laptop.

Computer, not dancer. :wink:

Mikey P

Administrator
and can you please tell the class what this is?

712b7612.jpg

335932cf.jpg

07adb474.jpg

01e27f81.jpg

c96b80b0.jpg

d29a5963.jpg

2301b391.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Mikey I've been trying to research that for you and I'm thinking that it was used with camels either as a neck adournment or something that went over the hump to help carry stuff or decorate the camel. Usually the colors would symbolize the tribe of the area much like the tribal rugs would. The pictures are few and far between but check out this link:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&s ... i=&start=0

Again just my .02 Besides the three woven areas look like a type of saddle bag.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Looks Tribal and Camels are more prevalent than Horses Especielly for nomadic tribes. Camels were/ are alot less maintenance. The actuel netting looks like it could be braded goats hair.

Harry Myers

Name
Harry Myers
This is a piece used on the sides of tents.The bags are used to store valuables.Sometimes they even use them to trap animals. I believe it to be a a Shahsavan tribal piece. This is from my studies. I dont know If I am exactly correct.

Dan Lloyd

Lisa,

Explain urine odor removal from a hand tufted rug. Can you pit wash it like a woven rug, or is it even worth bothering with?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Mikey P said:
I hear Randy wears one around his kilted waste to keep mid day snack treats in.

So, ya thinks that would actually fit around my waste! :roll:

i would have paid good money to hear the great " The Red Neck Vegan" bull shit the custy on this one .. did you stare at it and tell her... dat's perdy, it's made by Arabs. or did you do the right thing and fess up to being an ignorant fuk?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
ironically, that was the third thing i figured you said.

cut the BS who does Lisa think is trust worthy in the rug industry!

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Holy moley you guys... that's about a dozen questions... and I think maybe one really relevant one - all the rest setting me up for stepping on landmines.

I'm at John Carlton seminar this week (he IS the greatest copywriter on the planet...) - talking about focus and discipline... skills that may not be popular here. :)

They look like saddle bags to me. Kermanshah - from Iran. I personally prefer the flatwoven sides than the piled sides on these - the color tend to be natural, and good quality wool. They used to back "in the day" wrap bundles of "city" rugs with Balouchi tribal rugs because they didn't find value in the tribal pieces ... then over time people started collecting the "worthless" tribal pieces. Funny how things change. But I prefer the tribal rugs, they have more character ... I'd take an old Balouch or Tekke Turkoman or Afshar over a perfect silk Hereke ... even though the first ones may be worth hundreds to the Hereke's thousands. They just seem more "real" to me.

Sorry... rug tangent...

Who do I trust in the industry - with my purse? Versus who would take photos and splash them on the internet here?

I'd trust my purse with Ellen, Aaron, Dusty, and Phil.

The other two, if they weren't busy discussing all of the things they've done to create everything in the industry, with no help from or acknowledgement of anyone else on the planet... might be tempted to russel through my purse. Might take a few business cards and cross out my name and try to pretend that they are rug experts who have built successful rug cleaning operations ... but eventually, people would figure it out.

But honestly... they'd be too busy discussing themselves, so I wouldn't need to worry.

So I guess that means I trust ALL of them with my purse.

Was that politically correct, and incorrect, enough for you?

Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom