HM Spitfire?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm peeking at this as the price is right. Pros/cons?

3n63o73l7ZZZZZZZZZ96k17a5366b109b1e.jpg

3ne3k53m6ZZZZZZZZZ96k6aacbc24e1d913.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Model year?

When they first came out I think a lot of people called them a Missfire due to the problems they were having with them.

They must have gotten a lot better because some people love them now.

Good starter sized unit.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
It's something I can pay cash for right away, as I don't like carrying debt and it will give me an idea whether I want to delve a little deeper. The clock says 1700 hours and I should be able to do the touchy-feely thing later today. I'll be sure to ask about year when I get a call back. Thanks Rich!

2500 Jim, includes waste and fresh tanks.

3ne3m93o7ZZZZZZZZZ96k72aa70364e1216.jpg

G

2k Max Willy; I only paid 2500 for my Boxxer with 2200hrs; remember since you are getting this cheaply; you will probably need to invest a few bucks to get it up to snuff. Try an Miniwaste APO from Steambrite on the waste tank dump valve.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Doug Heiferman had one about five years ago. Ask him.

STOP GLOBAL COOLING!

Chads

Supportive Member
What size is it and I porbally wouldnt pay over 800 bucks for it if I didnt have a machine at all I learn on one of those machines and generally liked it it just was a super heat or sucking machine.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We had more problems with 4.0's than we did with 3.2's.

Make sure the heat exchanger isn't clogged and causing back pressure, or you'll have trouble with the coupler.

Is the recovery tank badly corroded?

G

that price sounds pretty good as is

"What size is it and I porbally wouldnt pay over 800 bucks for it if I didnt have a machine at all I learn on one of those machines and generally liked it it just was a super heat or sucking machine."

but every one is a expert

with those hours it is well worth the money.

you should buy it

Gordon

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Willy P said:
I'm peeking at this as the price is right. Pros/cons?

3n63o73l7ZZZZZZZZZ96k17a5366b109b1e.jpg

3ne3k53m6ZZZZZZZZZ96k6aacbc24e1d913.jpg

My first machine was a spitfire just like that one. Ran it for five years, It's a good little machine didn't have too many problems with it. When I sold it the hour meter said around the same hours but it hadn't worked for a while it had maybe 500 to 600 more hours than that make sure the meter is working. The only problem is it doesn't get hot enough to melt wax or gum. I got $3000 for it though :D Some guy just starting in the buisness.

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
rctpks said:
When they first came out I think a lot of people called them a Missfire due to the problems they were having with them.

I thought they were shitfires not missfires

Dont run over 50' of hose LOL

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
Larry B said:
rctpks said:

I thought they were shitfires not missfires

Dont run over 50' of hose LOL

:roll: Why is it that people that have never owned or used this machine have something stupid to say about them. I routinely ran 150 to 200ft on that machine no problem

Supersucker

Well I own one and when I get back to town I have to work on it again.

Consider that a collection of parts & give Les a call

C

Chris Sheldon

Jim Pemberton said:
We had more problems with 4.0's than we did with 3.2's.

Make sure the heat exchanger isn't clogged and causing back pressure, or you'll have trouble with the coupler.

Is the recovery tank badly corroded?

Good advice Jim.

The first thing I would do is pull that HE out and rod it. I actually bought a rifle cleaning kit and use the rod and brush to clean those out. I have seen more than a few of those Briggs engines burn up because of the back pressure caused by a carboned HE.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom