Hmmm... employee or subcontractor?

Bob Foster

http://www.cleanlink.com/cp/article/Ill ... ples--1321

Do "techs" carry their own liability policy?
Will the contract holder's liability policy cover a subcontractor?
Are they locally licensed in the municipality they work in?
Do their trucks comply with TDG goods regulations?
Do they pass criminal record checks?
Do they get paid with tax withholding some of their "pay"?
Do they have a bad record with BBB possibly from previous companies they owned or still do?
If a "tech" is injured on the job is their a liability to the homeowner or contract holder?

Or

Are they just available and willing to work for cheap?

Ok lets talk about Greg Cole.

He supposedly sells the contractor chems and rents the equipment (100 psi portable or whatever they use).

The guy here provides the equipment and chems. The contractor just provides the labor and transportation. They get 45 percent. Greg Cole is raping his contractors for sure if they have to buy chems, rent equipment, provide transportation, and get less than 40 percent. Greedy bastards.

Harper Brian's ponzi scheme is a cash cow even though I have not heard one cleaner step up and say it is worth spending money on.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Clean your ears out Bobby, those crickets are your own.

Were the questions towards me?

does "legit" not work in your world?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
danielc said:
Ok lets talk about Greg Cole.

He supposedly sells the contractor chems and rents the equipment (100 psi portable or whatever they use).

The guy here provides the equipment and chems. The contractor just provides the labor and transportation. They get 45 percent. Greg Cole is raping his contractors for sure if they have to buy chems, rent equipment, provide transportation, and get less than 40 percent. Greedy bastards.

Harper Brian's ponzi scheme is a cash cow even though I have not heard one cleaner step up and say it is worth spending money on.

And catch hell from these characters?

Harper, My garden grows from my hard work. Your garden is from pushin up daisys.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How hard is this?

Bob Foster said:
http://www.cleanlink.com/cp/article/Illegal-Subcontracting-Bad-Apples--1321

Do "techs" carry their own liability policy? Yes
Will the contract holder's liability policy cover a subcontractor? No
Are they locally licensed in the municipality they work in? Yes
Do their trucks comply with TDG goods regulations? Don't know
Do they pass criminal record checks? Yes
Do they get paid with tax withholding some of their "pay"? No
Do they have a bad record with BBB possibly from previous companies they owned or still do? Don't know
If a "tech" is injured on the job is their a liability to the homeowner or contract holder? There is always a liability to the homeowner.

Or

Are they just available and willing to work for cheap? Not cheap...but available

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
HARPER said:
"Don't...LET-UP bob...!"........It is Now a jIhAd... :shock: "You Go GirL" :!: :!: :!:

I understand what a Sub Contractor is...Now, you do too Harpocrit. shiteatinggrin
You are such a pot.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
How hard is this?

[quote="Bob Foster":158wzd31]http://www.cleanlink.com/cp/article/Illegal-Subcontracting-Bad-Apples--1321

Do "techs" carry their own liability policy? Yes
Will the contract holder's liability policy cover a subcontractor? No
Are they locally licensed in the municipality they work in? Yes
Do their trucks comply with TDG goods regulations? Don't know
Do they pass criminal record checks? Yes
Do they get paid with tax withholding some of their "pay"? No
Do they have a bad record with BBB possibly from previous companies they owned or still do? Don't know
If a "tech" is injured on the job is their a liability to the homeowner or contract holder? There is always a liability to the homeowner.

Or

Are they just available and willing to work for cheap? Not cheap...but available
[/quote:158wzd31]

"BIG BOY".......................... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Bob Foster

Thanks for answering my questions Brian. I'm not the only one who wanted to know these answers. What I find hard to comprehend is how a subcontractor who is paying all these expenses can also afford to work for a low rate.

I know you charge a little more than average company but how do these people justify working at such a low rate?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
50% is the highest rate I've seen. Most guys I've talked to start out at 20% and then will get 40% of their "upsells"...And most of the time the company is doing the upselling over the phone so the Tech doesn't get the higher % of that.

I don't understand why you guys think it's such a low rate.
I do understand that the mentality here is mainly from the business owner who is trying to make a go of his company and NOT the guy who just wants a J O B on his own terms.

I've talked to plenty of bigger companies that are willing to take the 50/50 split because they know that particular job they wouldn't have gotten anyway so the cost of obtaining the customer is negated and losing it is money lost.

When I was on the truck, I took sub work even toward the end of it because I know that 50% is better than no % if you have your operating costs under control.

Now if you are unable to do the work because you have "plenty" of work already...it's time to be content or time to expand.

rick imby

Name
Rick
Bob Foster said:
Thanks for answering my questions Brian. I'm not the only one who wanted to know these answers. What I find hard to comprehend is how a subcontractor who is paying all these expenses can also afford to work for a low rate.

I know you charge a little more than average company but how do these people justify working at such a low rate?

Come on you know that if you run a porty out of an old van or SUV your main expense will be gas. At full margin most cleaners can make between $50 and $100 per hour before expenses. $25 an hour less $20 a day in fuel can be a much better living than the $10 an hour many of the techs working for board members make.

Finding work is often the toughest part for many "Carpet Technicians."

Rick

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Almost all my Techs run TMs. We had to rent a porty the other day to clean a boat on the Sac River. I do have a Tech or 2 in the Dallas area because of the high rises as well but the home owners get the TMs....my main Tech here just bought a brand new Hydromaster from Jon Don a couple of weeks ago....so the money these guys are making must be pretty good.

Disclosure, my main guy here does his own work as well but it's safe to say he isn't losing money working with me.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
When I started with The Bay In Home Cleaning; they paid 20% on what they scheduled and 35% on any upsells. They provided the machine (a POS Ninja) and the job, I had to pay for my own chems, training, and any extra tools.
You had to clean like a SOB on fire and upsell like a bandit if you wanted to make any money.

Ain't no way I'd ever clean that poorly again.

Technically, from what I heard during those days, as a subcontractor I should have been cleaning for other companies or at least doing some of my own work. If I worked "solely" for one company, Rev Can would consider me an employee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom