Hold down for Cymex and other large tools

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
Does anyone have a hold bracket for keeping a Cymex in place? I have some that we had fabricated for other rotary machines and I might have to make something like that unless someone already has an idea or solution.

We also carry some other portable equipment, and other than bungee cords or ratchet straps we haven't found any good devices. My son started a lawn service and there were quality brackets and hardware to keep tools like shovels, rakes ,leaf blowers and lawn mowers accessible and protected from flying around trailers. I haven't found much in our industry though.

Name
Nate W.
I just transport mine with the handle in the upright position and place the head down flat on the floor... I do have carpet on the floor of my van, that thing isn't going anywhere unless in a crash...

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
X 3 & the Sprayborg is next to it, no problems.

I also have carpet on the floor.

I'm also NOT the slowest driver down under. :winky:

RampsnPort010_zpsf17525f1.jpg

:yoda:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Can you find/fabricate something round that can be fixed to the floor that will allow the head to be tilted up and lowered down into into it snugly?

Kinda like a "docking station"?

Chet

Name
Chet Sadowski
The pictures above show if it is packed in it wont move around and I agree with that, but we have more room than that. WE use box trucks and there is more room for things to move around. We also don't take a cymex on every job or a portable. So we are just trying to figure out the safest way to transport it.

Thanks Frank, I haven't thought of that method.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Personally it should be a must that any machine that gets transported HAS to come with a transportation cradle that has to be bolted to the floor....

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
All tools should have something like what Erik makes for the Zippers.... they just slip right in and don't go anywhere. No straps, nothing.

02B54AF8-8118-435A-BD6B-D35CFF3EAEB8_zpsac0j5alb.jpg

Reactions: dgardner and BLewis

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
With the Cimex, the distance from the back of the machine to the very front is the same, whether the head is flat on the floor or tilted up.

I carried my original one with the head tilted up for nearly two years before I measured it and found the distance to be the same. :icon_redface: :redface:

Loading it with the head tilted up may place extra strain on the bearings and, with the bouncing on the road, may lead to premature failing of those bearings.

I do not have mine secured, mainly because the machines cannot go forward due to shelving in front of them and also the rear door at the back stops them going back in case I do a wheel-stand. :winky:

They can have slight sideways movement which is going to be rectified in the next couple of months.

The above pic is an older one & they are much more secure since then, although I have some plans to re-organise the van again before Christmas.

Most of my work is withing 10-15 minutes of where I live & I rarely get above 35mph.

:yoda:

D Rice

Name
Doug Rice
What about cutting off the bottom of an appropriate sized plastic barrel and trimming off one side to roll machine into. Bolt it to the floor and it will even catch a bit of moisture from machine. you could put a piece of foam or carpet in the bottom of it.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
What about cutting off the bottom of an appropriate sized plastic barrel and trimming off one side to roll machine into. Bolt it to the floor and it will even catch a bit of moisture from machine. you could put a piece of foam or carpet in the bottom of it.

Be as slippery as hell on the plastic mate. :redface:

:yoda::stir:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you glued carpet to the bottom it should work pretty well. I think you can get 55-gallon barrels off Craigslist for $10.00-$12.00 around here.

Back
Top Bottom