Holiday mail out letter

Gary Taylor

I sent the below letter to my customer base Friday, and I am getting some activity so I thought I would share it if anyone else would like to use it or tweak it for themselves. It was sent out letter size paper, in a regular size envelope, mailed through my local bulk mailer.
(I have omitted the dollar off amount that I used.)
I don't think it will format the same when I paste it here, but you can get the general idea

The Holidays are coming!

…….. and so are the guests.

There are two types of guests.
The first group is the one that you have your carpets cleaned for before they arrive: Your grandchildren, who like to play on the floor, your sister who wears the white glove, and the in-laws, who really should stay at a hotel.

The second group is why you have your carpets cleaned after they are gone: Your grandchildren who like to play on the floor, Neighbor Bud, who can’t keep anything in a mug, and the in-laws who stayed a little too long.

Whichever group you are entertaining this year, we want to help!
We are offering $0.00 off carpet, upholstery, air duct or dryer vent cleaning until January 31, 2010.

Just to make your holiday a little cleaner.

Call us today at

464-7171
Or e-mail at
kenscarpetcleaning@yahoo.com

Ken’s Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning Service
Better service – Better value

ARSuarez

Gary,

The letter is well written. I am sure it's going to generate a good percentage of business for the season. People always like a little bit of personality in the advertising. There's also the sense of urgency, you know, with the date of expiration.
So you hit several good points.

However, if you don't mind, I have a few recommendations:

1) Put More Effort Into 'Wowing' Them. This doesn't have to be, too, tricky. Offer a free widget or service for responding. You know, a report, "10 Things You Should Do To Spice Up The Holiday Season" or offer free cushion cleaning on sofas. Something to this effect. Tighten up this deadline. Make it early December, or maybe mid Dec, just so you can drive some traffic to the business. Heck, offer something like "One free upholstery cleaning for every xxsf/carpet." That would probably perform well.

2) Tell 'Em Why. Again, simple. When you go through offering them the special service, explain -why- you are doing so. Maybe you just like to know people are bringing friend and family into fresh homes, homes you just cleaned. Maybe you just want people to know how well your customers have their carpet cleaned. Or, maybe you just want your customers to be happy with their home. Maybe you were pondering, "What can I do special for my customers this season?" and your wife happened to say, "Well, I'm sure they want their upholstery cleaned..." or something to that effect. Leave more money out for them to buy gifts.

Hope it goes well for you!
Good luck.

All the best,

Angel

Gary Taylor

Thanks Angel. I hope those recommendations help you with your mailer, I wasn't looking for any.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom