Holy crap air pump pulley

SamIam

Name
sam miller
My PC 405 was making strange noises and it happened to be the air pump for the heat exchanger took one apart before on my old machine had a vice on a table to get the pulley off. No vice this time and it just won't come off!

Also I'm having a little problem my water pump was been dropping pressure when the machine is under load in second speed not in first? It's like a belt is slipping but if feels tight my truck mount repair guy thought governor, but the vacuum doesn't drop just the pump.

J

JS41035

Pretty sure I have a couple of those air pumps.
So the pressure is dropping a little. Or totally going out? If it is completely going out I would say pump clutch. You can put a bolt in the clutch to trouble shoot that.

Becker

Name
Becker
Pulley remover. Jondon pressed mine on and off for me. When I bought my 405 I had zero air at the pump. Lots of auto parts places lend tools like the puller for free with cost of tool as deposit.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415566991.926452.jpg

Got it with some heat

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Stand at the machine and watch the pump to see what it's doing. Maybe the clutch is turning on and off because of a loose wire. Is the inlet screen clogged ? I've found its usually not the pump in most cases. Is Air getting in ?

Gene

Reactions: SamIam
J

JS41035

Stand at the machine and watch the pump to see what it's doing. Maybe the clutch is turning on and off because of a loose wire. Is the inlet screen clogged ? I've found its usually not the pump in most cases. Is Air getting in ?

Gene
Yep. I would make sure the water box is full. Then check the inlet water strainer inside the water box. Then check the supply hose from the bottom of water box to the low pressure side of the pump. If it is sucking air or if there is a restriction to the supply side of the pump (my guess). That would cause a pressure drop. Because it is only happening at higher rpms I would assume it's a supply issue. Higher rpm =more flow. If the pump is starving for water or sucking air it will act funky. If the problem is worse when you turn the temp gauge to bypass, that would be a good indicator that the pump isn't able to supply the flow needed to maintain the psi.

Reactions: SamIam

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Wonder if this is the same air pump as I had on the prochem legend. When mine wasn't working properly I lost a good bit of heat from it

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I pulled the pressure valve apart lubed it stuck it back on and it hasn't done it since my orifice was plugged to, my guy said maybe something was sticking inside the pressure regulator and cleared it self.

It sure is funny it does 2 days in a row dropping sporadically while cleaning, I drive 45 miles and it runs great. when it did it I ran out to check the water box looked fine I was thinking loose wire to the pump clutch to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom