HOLY DOG URINE BATMAN

Name
BradFenstermaker
Can this wool/silk be pit washed? If not how can I remove the most urine? Is it worth the time to try?

If it is a waste how do I communicate this to her? She foster's dogs and this rug is disgusting.

Sunbelt021.jpg

Sunbelt020.jpg

Sunbelt019.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Re: HOLY DO URINE BATMAN

What you have there is a either a problem or a cash cow. How much is the rug worth it to them? If you pit it will it run the likely hood of delam.. its possible it could go either way. It may delaminate, it may not. If it delams can you fix it? absolutly for a charge of repair. I would find out your cost and profit to completey decontaminate by pit soak and then the possible repair. If its worth it too them then great, if not then tell them its time for a new rug.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
David,

I picked up a rug in just the same condition that someone threw out. It was also a wool and silk combo. I experimented with all the products that I carry plus some that I don't. None of the methods that I would normally use worked. I don't have a way to dunk it and I don't take rugs out so I was looking for a way to handle it directly in the house. I did finally solve the problem and here is what I did. I laid it in my driveway and soaked it with a garden hose. I took a large brush and some shampoo and scrubbed it. I then rinsed it until all the yellow quit coming out. At this point the rug still had a very strong smell of urine. I had already tried a large number of safe products with no luck so I got out the bleach, yes bleach. I mixed 2 cups in 5 gallons and poured it on. I did that until I had gone through the 2 gallon container of bleach that I had. Yes, I am aware of what bleach does to wool but it was free and I was experimenting. I let the bleach set for 30 minutes in the hot Florida sun. I washed and squeegeed it out and the rug looks amazing. I've had the rug in my house over a year now and it looks almost new. Normally I would of returned it with a note to the house I got it from but I really don't want that kind of customer. I'm not suggesting that you try it, unless all else fails. Get a release from the customer. Also my rug didn't have a backing , be careful it might separate.

Gene

rhyde

Name
rhyde
i have one in the shop right now potty train the pet for god sake

IMO, it's almost always the owners fault not the pet

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Normally I can clean most area rugs in the clients drive way.......

But when I run into something like this I toss them in the truck and take then down to the local rug cleaning joint where they have all the stuff to soak it and flush it all out.....
I just charge them a pick up and delivery fee...There happy ..I made a few bucks and did not ruin there rug because I did not have the right equipment.....

A mans got to know his limitations......( Clint Eastwood )

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Just remember, the owner fosters dogs and fosters aren't always reliably potty trained (some have medical conditions which make them incontinent too) this rug will look that way again shortly and she will want you to do it again, so get paid well enough that you don't mind doing this on a regular basis. If she can't afford to clean it, suggest to her that she get cheaper olefin rugs that don't stain from the urine and are easy to clean and cheap to replace. Or clean it well once and suggest that she put it in storage or in a room the dogs are not allowed in.

I foster dogs myself and I am thankful for olefin berber and Quatalot every day!

Take care,
Lisa

dgargan

Gene I have done the bleach thing as well but not that much. I have had much success using bleach but I'm very stingy with it.

GRHeacock

Bac-Out is the answer.

It will not have any effect on the wool or the silk.

Works fast- relatively speaking.

I have done lots of these, and my treatment method is- with the rug face down, saturate the affected areas with Bac-Out, turn face up, saturate the face with Bac-Out, roll up, leave for 24 hours.

Then clean the back, turn over, clean the face.

Odor gone, urine gone, stains gone- except if there is a dye from medicines in the urine, which needs some peroxide or similar product.

Works for me.

Gary

Name
BradFenstermaker
Mr. Heacock could you post or pm a link to the nearest supplier for Bac Out?

The owner of the wee wee pad wants to try and do a topical clean. I want to eliminate as much urine and odor as possible.

I will cleaning next week so shipping is okay.

Thanks

GRHeacock

Bac-Out is sold nationwide in small sizes at natural food markets such as Whole Foods, etc, Krogers, in their environmental section, and similar places.

For professional use, in larger sizes, gallons, 5 gallon pails, contact your local supplier, or -

Brian DeSemple
Cleaners Supply Warehouse
16440-B S. E. 82 Drive
Clackamas, OR 97015-9578

503-656-1781

Fax 503-656-3578

Cell 503-449-6850

info@cleanerssupplywarehouse.net

http://www.cleanerssupplywarehouse.net/

Gary

dgargan

Bac Out

I have heard Gary preach about Bac Out for Years. I have tried it many many times on the bad urine jobs with little results. On a small job it's fine. Every so often I give it another try but I'm guessing Gary gets his stuff special order because I can't get it to do what he does.

On the other side of the coin I have had other industry cleaning guru's tell me to not to use enzyme's on wool or very little if you do because it will effect the fiber.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bac out is another natural enzyme product, supposedly with (according to them) a higher enzyme count and more enzyme types then say "nature's mirracle." It is an ok product.

In theory you are not supposed to use enzymes that digest protein on a protein fiber (hair in wool's case.)

You are also not supposed to use an acid rinse on wool, or anything above 8.5 p.h.; or most solvents........

Oh yes, and one is also not supposed to urinate on wool.
You heard it pooch?

When it reaches that condition use whatever gets the job done.
As long as the owner and the pooch sign the release of liability form and pay the extra $$$ for the extra work.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom