Home Advisor

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
I was contacted by them last week about their program and am wondering if any in here participate in it. If so, how have the results been? The ROI

Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Well how does one put this delicately. Tell them to kiss your ass. :biggrin:

Leads and not qualified ones. You'll get low ball tire kickers and pay through the nose for them.

Use the money you would spend with them, on your own program and you'll do better at promoting your service, not theirs.

Google any service and they pop-up running ads for the same service. They then sell them back to you and any other sucker they can con.

At least your ads will be for your company, not in their rotation of distribution.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
In two years it has been a break even proposition, at best. Dropping them. Also don't like the fact that they advertise bogus carpet cleaning companies in your area with toll free numbers that go directly to them. They are not helping you they are competing with you.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I think they are the Bozos who call me thrice a day from different bogus numbers.

I've blocked about fifty numbers, hit 9-to-do-not-call on a buttload more and actually hurt the feelings of four sales reps.

I feel good about those four. With any luck, they'll go into collections instead, a far worthier profession.

And I hate collectors.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who had replied to my post. I sort of suspected that is was a lead baiting type of service, but wanted to hear from some who have more knowledge than myself regarding this lead generator.

Since I only provide Disaster Restoration services, I didn't see much use anyway.

Thanks again. This even applies to the single toothed, bacon breath gentleman from the sate of Alabammy.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
In reality, you can create your own website and SEO it yourself...Now your website becomes a competitor with home advisor...Mystersilly they rank higher than you pushing you further off the first page...Google AdWords also plays a part when they compete for your targeted keywords as well...

Chris Brown

Name
Chris Brown
Home Adviser use to be service magic. Service magic got such a bad reputation they changed their name. Don't waste your time. Too many price shoppers. Thumbtack is working great for us. We get several stone restoration jobs a month from them. I think you would get water restoration jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom