Home Show Follow Up- Amazing!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Just followed up with almost everyone on the list of people that signed up for the special. Most I had to leave a msg, so still hope there. But what amazed me was there were at least 3 that are planning to clean it themselves!
One even plans to use a steam mop!!! They sell these mops at the homeshow and demo how it can clean carpet (yah right!) :roll:

I think for the next home show I'm going to rent a RUg Dr, put it and a steammop in the display with a BIG sign on it saying DON'T.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Wouldn't be an issue if they weren't complaining about how bad their carpets look, or that their carpets are so disgusting they are going to rip them up and put in laminate.
Try and explain to them how they can have a healthier home and it goes in one ear and out the other.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Why do you say that Waldo? He's got the same stupid customers that I have that think they know everything and they won't listen to some carpet cleaner that tries to tell them how carpet is healthier than hard floors.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Healthy doesn't seem to sell.

You mother in law is coming over and we can make your shitty carpets look respectable again. Seems to work.

Just trying to point out that carpet cleaning often is event driven.

A relitave coming over, a dog craps on the rug, child makes a mess, graduation, holiday etc...

And they want it done in the matter that is easiest for them by someone they can trust.

Trust and ease of transaction seems to sell for me.

To those ends. I have more reviews that any one else in my area and the client doesn't even have to be home when I clean.

They get home from a busy day and it's all done for them with no problems.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I read somewhere that only 40% of people have their carpets professionally cleaned. I'm not sure if that is 40% of carpet owners or households. I do agree there is a huge percentage of the population that cleans themselves with rented or owned machines or in the case of many renters... Never cleans. Sure people will sign up for a free cleaning but many will never pay for the service.

You can skew your responses by appealing to the segment that is more likely to pay for cleaning. Look at your current customer base and see where the majority of the good clients come from. For me it is aging upper middle class. Lets face it, a 60 year old woman is less likely to clean her own carpet compared to a 30 yo. Also the younger clients tend to have higher financial obligations with kids and such.

Funny, I remember very early in my cc career I was telemarketing for customers. I wold get lots of people that said, I don't need to clean the carpets because I rent... Huh?

It would take time but I would actually go through the leads from a home show and check out their home values on zillow.com before I spent much money marketing to them.

When I go to dinner in my town I can usually stereotype the people that would be my customers. Spend you money and your time with the type of people that most likely would pay for your service.

Becker

Name
Becker
When I go to dinner in my town I can usually stereotype the people that would be my customers. Spend you money and your time with the type of people that most likely would pay for your service.

That's funny. When I go to dinner I Don't even think of carpet cleaning.

But I agree. Look at the demo of your bests clients. Market to them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom