HomeAdvisor.com

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I used them for over a year. 13 Bucks a lead. The leads went to several cleaners. But, I closed 3 out of 4 of them. Ended up being 2-4 jobs a month . No big deal. It paid for itself. If you over look the fact that it totally screws up your SEO because they take your company info and plaster it all over the web WITH A DIFFERENT PHONE NUMBER !! My organic web listing dropped out of sight and it returned back to #1 position a couple of months after I told them to take a hike.

Reactions: hogjowl

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
If you over look the fact that it totally screws up your SEO because they take your company info and plaster it all over the web WITH A DIFFERENT PHONE NUMBER !! My organic web listing dropped out of sight and it returned back to #1 position a couple of months after I told them to take a hike.

this is ONLY if you sign up for the more expensive "Exact Match" leads...which are $20+ per lead and the lead is only given to you. i almost always closed Exact Match's, but when it about killed my SEO i cancelled that part of their service. they still don't have all of the bogus 1-800 numbers linked to my company name removed off the web. as long as you don't use Exact Match you are fine.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
this is ONLY if you sign up for the more expensive "Exact Match" leads...which are $20+ per lead and the lead is only given to you. i almost always closed Exact Match's, but when it about killed my SEO i cancelled that part of their service. they still don't have all of the bogus 1-800 numbers linked to my company name removed off the web. as long as you don't use Exact Match you are fine.
The trouble for me was that when I told them to drop the 800 numbers. They put me on a 30 per month plan for links that I was lucky to get one job every other month from and the 800 numbers were still hanging around screwing up my SEO. I get far more jobs from having my website back to number one instead of being vanished from the earth.Y

AshleyMckendree

Supportive Member
Name
Ashley Mckendree
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will eventually start getting FAKE leads, not only BY "Home Advisor (Formerly Service Magic) But competitors that KNOW you are paying $10 for leads will BOMBARD you with fake requests.

After a year of O.K. results, I started getting several fake leads every day, I would save these fake leads phone #'s, wait a week, call (Using a dumb redneck accent) and say something like "You the one who shampoo them rugs?" 9/10 would say "Yeah that's my Husband/Boyfriend/Baby Daddy"

...I would setup a BIG (Fake) appointment, way out in the STICKS, with Lots of Upholstery, Tile, 15+ areas of carpet (REALLY get their hopes up).
Set it for EARLY because ive got several neighbors who will probably want work done as well, so clear the WHOLE day for us!

I did this to 3 cleaners who cost me $100's in fake "exact match" fees, as well as HOURS of time on the phone with Home Advisor trying to get them refunded.

Dont forget the REAL exact matches you pay for, that EXISTING CLIENTS ACCIDENTALLY CALL. I loved paying $30 bucks for a repeat client that used me way before Home Advisor.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /end rant

Reactions: GCCLee

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
for me that hasnt happened, sure i got 1 bogus call per week in the early years, BUT that was because i allowed them to use me for leads all over the closest large city...in a 25 mile radius. i eventually wizened up and slimmed it WAYYY down to about 15 zip codes...the towns nearest me. i havent had a bogus call in over a year. out of all the bogus calls i got, they didn't refund my $ on only 2 of them, and that was several years ago.

but hey, nobody will know until they try. if you do try H.A., be proactive and do a little work setting up the zip codes you want to cover (takes a half hour...just Google your local zip code map) and DON'T sign up for Exact Match.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom