Homemade Glides??

Kbron2000

teflon.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
I really don't know how you would make those into glides... there tubes... I haven't used any but GG so my vision might be off. GG uses a solid teflon dowel that is machined to perfection. Would like to see the final product if you get around to doing it..

Good luck!
Keith

Chris A

Name
Chris
with the time you'll have invested why not just buy one?

Greenie

Sure, you can make those into a glide, just get a few packs of Marine Goop, and your drill press.

use an 11/64" drill bit, place them 4 holes per linear inch (1/4" spacing) cut the tubes in half lengthwise, so you can get 8 glides from your material, then set you wand lips down in the trough, use some duct tape to secure the teflon FIRMLY against the wand lips, then fill in between the tape with GOOP, let it cure in the "cleaning position" overnight, then remove tape, and fill the voids with more goop, and the ends too, then allow to dry another night for full cure.

Or just call Lisa 866-438-8335 and ask for a factory second glide in the make and model of your wand, fair chance she might have a blemished one on the shelf....this one will be 3X as thick and get you many hours of use too, all for $50 delivered to your door.

Mikey P

Administrator
I was at the Miami Zoo a few years ago, if I remember correctly they had a Silverback Gorilla display there.

Give them a shot Gil.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom