hood cleaning...

Name
Ron lippold
Does anyone do it? What do I need? A company called and said they have 3500 of them a year and wondered if i would be interested.

I am

But

I WONT DO THEM WITHOUT A CONTRACT......................

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
YUK! Nasty work. If you have an army of minions at your command, you can make good money. Just need some rudimentray mechanical know how and a strong stomach. Overnight work when the restraunts are closed. Worse than a cleaning a pee saturated rug. The odor permeates your everything! I used to travel all over the US installing my bosses invention, the Grease Gutter. The unit caught the run off grease into an absorbant sock. He came up with a concept, sold the first one to McDonalds, and assigned me to create and install them. The prototypes I made from Home Depot plastic gutters.

963a65f51ca987e71be5_1.jpg

This is an install I did at Disney in Fl. after we had custom peices molded.

963a65f51ca987e71be5_2.jpg

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
terrible, gawd awful messy work.... late hours....lowball pricing situations. I helped one of my best friends (not knowing what I was getting into) years ago, clean hoods in a chinese restaurant.....after it was over, I swore I would never get into that line of work :x

FranH

Sodium Hydroxide
Magnetic Scraper $325.00 for the ducts.
Plastic 12 by 200 1.5 mil
4000 psi hot pressure washer for fans and filters
1500 to 2000 psi pressure washer for doing the hood
shop vac
magnets
clamps
headlamp
some type of sprayer we use a foamer do a search on youtube for foaming.
Plenty more but that will get you started.

Jimbo

I used to do duct and kitchen cleaning, Ron...made a bunch of money doing it...the main Reason I pursued it was that fact that I had 3 little hungry kids! It was about 26 years ago...I liked Hotsy cleaning chemicals...got some extension poles for the tall ducts...found out which Sparky to call to unhook the fans up top...and which Fire extinguisher company to call to disable the automatic fire protection system...get them all scheduled...

I remember some fat checks from the work...and getting completely soaked to the skin with very greasy water...even with industrial rain slickers on.

Could be a profitable service to offer...it is mandated in most localities...don't overlook the need to get you biz liability insurance quoted for offering the specialized service...

I think you would be better off not gulping all the wastewater into the V...it is a funky mess that comes out of the ductwork...plus the cleanup needed before going into your next client on the schedule will have to be factored in....it will no doubt be someone with a bright white wool carpet...Jim

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom