hoodlebrink, youz a wanted man!!

Mikey P

Administrator
Al Sims just called, he has no internet and lost your number.

Get your scrawny ass over there asap boy.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$,

Leave the brat with Bawb.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I'm headed there tomorrow or Saturday. 8) Talked to Al before he had to take a shower at the high school since everything is knocked out.

Al

We just got on line with verizon 3g we have a tent on the beach

here, so I can stay right on these jobs.
that was a nice hot shower at the high school. shiteatinggrin

I got a nice utility gas cart, with a bed its the shit, I always have ice water to give people, I bought a shit load of ice to give to people too.

Got other jobs just about done so we can focus here, I have 13 or 14 here

One jobs hot tub is in neighbors yard, we have to pull a ships mast out of a house. Fancy cars full of water sea weed and crabs. 8 feet salt water in basements 3feet of sand,were cutting trees off of wires, oh yeah Hybrid cars and salt water do not mix, makes fire> I got pics but it will be sometime before I can post them.

Going to sit on the beach and watch a dvd. Chow

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I actually work with a few different companies doing this type of work. Its been pretty dry since there hasn't been any natural disasters lately. Its worked out good for me in the past, and for them as well. Last time I helped Al was with a fire loss that now would seem like cake work to him. I mainly did project management, Xactimate billing, and damage control(dealing with 3 insurance companies for the 1 loss). Mostly I've done private estimating for a few different companies, and project management.

This time around I'm sure I'll do a lot of everything, at least I want to. We'll know more once I get there on where everyone needs to be, and what needs to get done. The one thing I want to make sure is we keep money coming in so Al doesn't go broke, and we can continue to stay moving. It takes a lot of capital and can be tricky at times. I think Greg Cole's post touched on this but I haven't really had time to read it.

Most people that go storm chasing go broke before they can finish their losses. Seeings as we're in Al's back yard/target area we have a huge advantage in getting the work because of his referral systems, sources, and his outstanding reputation in the area.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It's easy to run yourself short on cash, collecting some up front money really helps.

When a loss calls in we get the particulars of what's wet, where are they located and who's paying.

Then we explain we can have a crew right over, we're just going to need them to sign a work authorization and collect $250.00 to begin the job.

It keeps cash flowing so that no matter how long it takes for the insurance company to pay me, I can at least pay the guys.

In the case of area wide flooding and with the damage you guys are seeing I'd ask for much more to begin a loss.

Good luck guys! 8)

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
According to Al, keeping money flowing shouldn't be a big problem......but we don't want it to become a problem either. We'll probably do progressive payments of some sort.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If it's not insured I'd do all you can to get paid at completion or at the very least 10-days. I wouldn't allow them to drag you out to 30-days unless is insured.

Al

Hoodle is a huge help! My lead water damage tech, kept his vacation plans, he's at Cape Cod for 7 :shock:

I offered him a bunch to stay but no dice, He's been worked hard and long since the ice storms. He will cut it to 5 days if I need him. Steven is whipping up the xactamates! He's making ZZZZZZZZZ's in the spare room at home shiteatinggrin. So things are smooth... flash floods coming today!~
8)

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Sleeping? He doesn't have time to sleep! Wake his ass up and tell him to get to work.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
sleep+rehearse.jpg

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Fineeeeeee John.... I won't stay up until 1 am updating the price list anymore. :mrgreen: :p

I was up by 6:50 anyways.

I've got all the estimates done. Well until we start the next 3 or 4 from the shore. 8) And then the inevitable ones where people are still in denial that their homes are damaged, or it is their vacation home and they haven't been through to check it out.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Hey let's no get testy.....your young you should be able to handle a northwestern schedule...48 hours on 4 off :mrgreen:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
It was more like 26 hours on 2 off, 24 hours on 3 off ect ect for an 89 hour work week.......but who's keeping track right ?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
297370_214787361908832_100001327080509_515162_3837701_n.jpg

Yesterday I sat on those chairs writing some estimates enjoyed the awesome view. shiteatinggrin

The big blue house had an oil heater in it. The water came under the foundation/slab, and blew up like a geyser in the basement, breaking the oil heater lines. There is oil on top of water.... hazmat has to come in and take care of that one. Some of these houses are close to 60-100 years old. They don't even have an re-barb for the foundations. :shock:

Al

We are getting hit with heavy rains, flood jobs are popping up everywhere :shock:

Hoodle is with my crew at the shore doing manly work. :lol:

8)

Al

It's a mess! Been raining hard for 2 days, more storms are brewing!

I only had like 3 real showers at home since the start! I've been at the shop since 4 am doing area rugs and furniture from the beach houses, so we don't get over loaded.

Al

I'm enjoying it!! I get so many internet calls it's sick! The Insurance CEO that chose us, looked over websites with his wife and chose our business, he said I hope you get the whole street!

Even though Brian say's my logo sucks :shock: Imagine that :roll: I know it sucks

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

We got 4 new ones this morning all internet!!

We use 8) Andrechelle

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's great Al!

You've done a lot of work over the last several years to make all this happen and it's noticably paying off for you when the situation arises. congrats!

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Al said:
We are getting hit with heavy rains, flood jobs are popping up everywhere :shock:

Hoodle is with my crew at the shore doing manly work. :lol:

8)

The guys went home, and Alfonzo and I busted out another flood by ourselves. Back up early tomorrow morning to start again. I believe we now have 5 new ones from the rain via internet(3 we have started, waiting to see if the 4th will have coverage or if they can swing it, and 5th we'll start tomorrow morning). We still have a few to finish at the shore(pack up equipment, and do some light finish cleaning). We started another at the shore today, and the H/O's sister has a house down the road that was affected. Still waiting to hear from her sister so we can go in. Plus there have been people showing up a week later to see whats happened to their houses. I know a few more will trickle in the next few days as well. The river is super high.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom