hooking up 2 slide ins for long hose runs?

Mikey P

Administrator
If said person were to hook up two slide in machines with lets say 4.8 blowers and two 50 ft lengths of 2.5 hose to a Y and then continue the run with 2" hose for 300 to 500 ft do you think the lift and CFMs would equal or be greater than what a 6008 Vortex is producing?

Name
Lee Stockwell
At Summerfest in St Louis two Steam Way units teed together were measuring almost 500 cfm at the end of at least 100' of hose.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
"Here is what you NEED ...sweeTiE....!"

S4010990.jpg

Have ...Les build you..TWO...C-4's...!

Plum the 2 blowers into this "250 gal."....prochem 805 waste tank...!!!

Les could mount the C-4's on a stainless frame..."Save LOTS of space"...without the w-tanks.

Then run "FOUR"..2.5 ports ...directly off the waste tank...."LOTS OF AIR FLOW"...!!!!!

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Lee said:
At Summerfest in St Louis two Steam Way units teed together were measuring almost 500 cfm at the end of at least 100' of hose.
Oh my.

Harper said:
Then run "FOUR"..2.5 ports ...directly off the waste tank...."LOTS OF AIR FLOW"...!!!!!
Wrong!

A dual blower truckmount is not as practical as a larger single blower truckmount.

If you have dual blowers, and you are running a single wand, you will get twice the CFM as when you go to run dual wands!

Mikey,

I remember asking you months ago if you had dual wanded with the lunchpail (C-4). I don't recall you replying to that.

The C-4 should be all you need to run long hoses, or dual wands.

Of course you can always buy a good ETM. !gotcha!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Bob Savage said:
Lee said:
Oh my.

Harper said:
Wrong!

A dual blower truckmount is not as practical as a larger single blower truckmount.

If you have dual blowers, and you are running a single wand, you will get twice the CFM as when you go to run dual wands!

Mikey,

I remember asking you months ago if you had dual wanded with the lunchpail (C-4). I don't recall you replying to that.

The C-4 should be all you need to run long hoses, or dual wands.

Of course you can always buy a good ETM. !gotcha!

"I guesS.".....You think this will Not work eItHEr.....?.........."lOl"

HarperCarpetCleaning0102.jpg

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Joe,

I didn't say it wouldn't work. I said you will be better off using a single larger PD blower, rather then using 2 smaller blowers together, or even 2 larger blowers together.

Let's say you have 2 -#45 blowers, each putting out 350 CFM, and Y them together coming out of the van. That would be about 650 CFM total going out to the single wand. After cleaning with that a few times, you would be used to that type of vacuum when cleaning.

However, once you separate those 2 blowers for running dual wands, each blower now being completely separate, will get only 350 CFM going to each wand - not the 650 CFM you were used to when single wanding.

It will also take more fuel running 2 blowers, cost more initially to purchase, and would produce one heavy truckmount, as opposed to running one blower that is set up for dual wand cleaning.

Just saying.

Great looking rig there, BTW.

MerCrewser

Bob Savage said:
Joe,

I didn't say it wouldn't work. I said you will be better off using a single larger PD blower, rather then using 2 smaller blowers together, or even 2 larger blowers together.

Let's say you have 2 -#45 blowers, each putting out 350 CFM, and Y them together coming out of the van. That would be about 650 CFM total going out to the single wand. After cleaning with that a few times, you would be used to that type of vacuum when cleaning.

However, once you separate those 2 blowers for running dual wands, each blower now being completely separate, will get only 350 CFM going to each wand - not the 650 CFM you were used to when single wanding.

It will also take more fuel running 2 blowers, cost more initially to purchase, and would produce one heavy truckmount, as opposed to running one blower that is set up for dual wand cleaning.

Just saying.

You guys and your CFMs :roll: Who cares?! 350 CFM @12"hg (one wand) is PLENTY!

Running all that power through 500' of 2" is a waste. You need extra lift, not CFM.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
James said:
You guys and your CFMs Who cares?! 350 CFM @12"hg (one wand) is PLENTY!
James, you are absolutely right about that. This was more about single and dual wanding setups.

I was discussing the 2 blower vs. 1 blower setup, and how that affects the CFM of the particular blower/truckmount/vacuum setup.

MerCrewser said:
Bob Savage said:
Joe,

Just saying.

You guys and your CFMs :roll: Who cares?! 350 CFM @12"hg (one wand) is PLENTY!

Running all that power through 500' of 2" is a waste. You need extra lift, not CFM.

So basically you are saying every 18-20hp slide in is a pos.

I agree 350 cfm at 12-14 inches is all you need. That is overkill.

We have discussed this. John Olson says the 650 will run two 300' sections with all the performance you need.

I agree you don't need two machines unless you do a lof of carpet and tile jobs in the same location.

Get a good dual wand machine and if you need insane heat, install a LG heater, but like John O says the machine will maintain good heat. Adding a LG heater will give you the ability to hot water tile cleaning, run 230-240 dual wanding, and maintain whatever temp you want in any climate.

My machine does good on heat and vacuum, but the heat could be better especially when it is 25 degrees outside. No big deal. I have never tried running two long hose sections. I am sure it would do just fine. Were just cleaning carpet.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
we changed out the plumbing on the 5m from 3 i.d. to 4 which is what it accepts directly and now it will run 2 wands with no noticible difference in dry times but not before. there is a lot of talk about what will and won't work but the truth is at what standards. i;m tropical down here and it really matters how much moisture is left behind. when we finish a job you can stand on a paper towel for ten seconds and show almost no water. that will still take 4 - 6 hrs to dry.

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
GeneMiller said:
we changed out the plumbing on the 5m from 3 i.d. to 4 which is what it accepts directly and now it will run 2 wands with no noticible difference in dry times but not before. there is a lot of talk about what will and won't work but the truth is at what standards. i;m tropical down here and it really matters how much moisture is left behind. when we finish a job you can stand on a paper towel for ten seconds and show almost no water. that will still take 4 - 6 hrs to dry.

gene

DING DING DING....

YOU MEAN YOU ACTUALLY GOT THE BLOWER TO RUN AT ITS SPECS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: AND IT WORKS GREAT :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dan you dont even know what 350 at your wand is.....mr slow speed runner

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
MerCrewser said:
The #6008 will have more ~2" more lift than two #47 blowers.

And LIFT is what you lose on long hose runs.

Running 2.5" hose will help minimize the hose loss.

Larry

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I always ended up losing as much CFM and lift as I gained with 2.5” hose because The cuffs don’t fit tight.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Here is the problem with said design. If you Y two blowers, Each blower is not just pulling on the single hose length but its trying to pull against the other blower as well. Ergo you don't get the combined total performance, you would only get an increase in cfm proportional to each blower's capacity. The lift is your constant here, the maximum amount of vacuum the blower can maintain. So like Larry said, the larger blower that can carry more lift will be able to give you better peformance. Now if you can put the blowers in series.. you will maintain the same rated cfm of the blowers but will you have a higher lift capacity. But that also means that one blower will be handling all the heat of both blowers. A higher lift will allow you to maintain the maximum air flow at longer distances. That is why the kunkle or bayco valves work so well and can make a machine like the diablo run at longer hose runs. The valves maintain maximum lift.

If you had to Y the blowers, Harper's idea of a single waste tank would be the best chance of maintaining the best performance of both blowes.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
DING DING DING....

YOU MEAN YOU ACTUALLY GOT THE BLOWER TO RUN AT ITS SPECS :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: AND IT WORKS GREAT :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

it ran fine before but not for dual wanding. the blower is run at it's posted limit now when on dual. the difference is really amazing. we use 2.5 all except the whip. i did consider a little overdriving because i like to tinker but i haven't, at least not yet. we do routinely run the blower around 20hg when using both wands.

gene

Back
Top Bottom