Horse pucky..

Mikey P

Administrator
Customer says we cracked her marble while cleaning the carpet...

Does that look like a recent development?...lol

If the tech whould have trimmed the backing, she would never have noticed IMG958789.jpg IMG958788.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Tell her in polite terms it wasn't your fault. And then never do business with her again.

Reactions: Papa John

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
if she "genuinely" didn't know it was pre-existing , I'd fix it if material was available

I'd ask if she "really" wasn't aware of it and then point out why and how it doesn't look recent .
Not bragging, but eye to eye, my spidy senses pick up any hint of BS
If she's really wasn't aware, I'd fix it if material available "just because"

If I thought she knew it and was trying to snake me???

I'd treat her like any man I caught trying to steal from me ….I'd stick a knife in her liver ... :eekk:
not really, but would not so politely tell her to pi55 off..fo-reel

.L.T.A.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
thats the problem people are extra critical after someone has done a job for them, and might genuinely notice things for the 1st time.

We've all probably surprised a customer on the initial walk through pointing out marks on the carpet they were seemingly unaware of

Reactions: J Scott W

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Looks old. Explain that you cover any damage you cause and if it were something your guys did you would. However that is preexisting and you can't be responsible for something you didn't do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy L

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas
What is the small little round thing on the end of the one piece?
And if it just happened the crack would have a clean whitish hue.
Those pieces have been flexing for a long time judging from all the missing filler.

Mikey P

Administrator
Yes, yes... I told her all of that, but her senior parents who live in that room swear it broke while my guys were there.

She is instant.

Super Grout Additive to the rescue. If they complain that the repair is visible, is tough titters for them.

I'd pay a $1000 to remove her potential negative Yelp review.

F

FB7777

“ ma’am there is filler between that crack, no idea when it was damaged but we did not do it “

She genuinely may believe you did it but after a logical explanation that it was not recent based on the visual evidence she still thinks you’re responsible then she’s a Marty

And who needs another one of those in Their life

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
“ ma’am there is filler between that crack, no idea when it was damaged but we did not do it “

She genuinely may believe you did it but after a logical explanation that it was not recent based on the visual evidence she still thinks you’re responsible then she’s a Marty

And who needs another one of those in Their life
You got it Fred. One asshole is plenty for most people. :winky:

Name
Jeff T
I did a job in a higher end house. The lady called 2 days later, and said her husband was flipping out that I scuffed almost all the baseboards. There were BLACK scuff marks everywhere. Hmmmm, strange, my wand has a WHITE glide that protrudes 1/4 inch off each side.... I went there, asked to see her vacuum, and sure as shyte, I was able to replicate the scuff marks... she still wouldn’t believe me....

Name
Steve Lawrence
Unless you've got super heavy techs, it's the installers fault for not having proper support even if you guys did break it. But, I agree that it does not look like new damage.

Reactions: Mikey P

Big DAN

Name
Doug Nelson
Pictures, Pictures, Pictures/videos on a walk through with the client, solves (most) issues like this. Just like a walk-around when you rent a car. I'm pointing out every friggin thing!

I'll guarantee they've seen this for years and figured this would be a perfect time to get it fixed.
"Senior parents" had a senior moment.

Agree with sOOper Hero... Eye to eye is a great way to get to the truth.

Don't let your daughter respond negatively to their review if you're concerned about your rep. Deal with it wisely! Just sayin'...

Good luck Mikey P!

Back
Top Bottom