Hos Orbot

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
:idea: Please allow for some sensible answers before cutting my legs out from under me, or executing me. :arrow:

Does anyone use the Hos Orbot with a single pad to encapsulate carpet in commercial properties, as one would normally do with a Cimex. :?:

I'm looking at a lighter system so my T.A. ( Trades Assistant :lol: ), can clean the carpet instead of sitting around sucking coffee and readin' the paper while I work. shiteatinggrin

Thanks.

PS ::: :idea: She doesn't know about this. Yet. !!! :shock:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
ive heard of it being done. But I also hear of mixed reviews on the orbot. I guess for the money you would spend on an orbot you could get a really nice portable and a scrubbing device instead

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Hey Shorty,

I use the Orbot regularly on commercial jobs.

Fill it up, slap the Agiclean under it and go for it! On bad traffic lanes I stop, throw down a Superzorb pad and go over the bad areas. In my opinion this way it does a much better cleaning job then the Cimex....not many guys here would stop with the Mex and change out the 3 little pads to some absorbent pads and go over dirty areas to pick up dirt.

Much easier to navigate then the Cimex, but I know you know that already. And I remember you also have the big wheels on your Cimex too...

I absolutely love the Orbot- prescrub resi, encap commercial, tile+grout, whatever- it makes money!

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
Cleaners have been doing this for years with the Orbitec CX and Defender.

C

Charlie C

The Orbot is a nice little machine for light to medium soiled commercial. Well made, easy to move about, and light. We have used it with a fiber or red pad and with Gladiator Pads. I think the CCS Brute works better on heavily soiled commercial and cleans faster but it's not as nimble nor is it light. As mentioned above, on heavily soiled areas we pre-scrub with fiber pad then go over with an absorbent pad when using the Orbot. The jugs used in the spray system are nice also because they can be filled and placed about so that refilling solution becomes a pit-stop operation. Swap out the jugs and your back in the race in 30 seconds or less.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for some great info there.

I have several portables, I have also had a bloody heavy Orbiter machine, as well as countless scrubber/polishers.

I am getting away from the heavy, awkward, bulky equipment and those with a lot of bells & whistles as well as set-up times.

I love the Cimex for commercial work.

I just need an easier, lighter machine for the trouble 'n strife, even though she swings Big Yella around real easy.

The Orbot so far, seems to fit the bill.

Price is not such an important consideration in the overall picture, my 'Mex; cost me heaps, but it was paid for in a very short time.

I also like the idea of the bonnets for when I do get those extra dirty areas which thankfully, is not very often.

Presently, I pre-spray these areas with Punch after vacuuming, I do all the bad areas at the same time, this allows the Punch to dwell for a while before I let the 'Mex; loose.

Thanks again, any more suggestions. ??

Ooroo,

:roll:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i've had a Cimex for 6 years. a year and a half ago i bought a Orbot with the Sprayborg. since then i have used the Orbot 4 times. if i had to do it over again, i woulda spent the sheckles on a 2nd Cimex.

for resi i prefer my Challenger to the Orbot, even tho it aint as pretty.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Derek said:
i've had a Cimex for 6 years. a year and a half ago i bought a Orbot with the Sprayborg. since then i have used the Orbot 4 times. if i had to do it over again, i woulda spent the sheckles on a 2nd Cimex.

for resi i prefer my Challenger to the Orbot, even tho it aint as pretty.

How much do you want for your Orbot?

It definitely needs a bit of time to get used to it after running Cimexs for years. With the orbot spraying forward one will have to get used to 90degree turns. If you use it you know what I mean.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
not for sale yet, in the rare event i need it i still like to have it.

1 of those 4 accounts just called 5 minutes ago and wants their Ballroom cleaned again. coincidence? :shock: in this instance, i prescrub with my Cimex and use something like Punch in the sol. tank, then OPE with the Orbot and a wet Glad pad.

if the Challenger had a larger head i wouldn't need the Orbot :( it sure is pretty though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom