hose lengths

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Been hearing of guys using 2.5" lengths of 25' rather than 50'.
Is there a benefit or just more hose couplers?
What would be the longest lead hose length, ie I was thinking of making a 75' length lead hose with 25' of 2.5" and 50' of 2" or 50' of 2.5" and 25' of 2". Would the 2.5" be too awkward?

Also, wondering if it would be better to run a 150' of solution hose as a lead hose rather than a 50 or 100'. I have a 200' length right now that I haven't had cut down yet and it seems just too much but its nice on a long job , just one length and no quick connects to get in the way.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
100ft solution = No Quick connects that sit in the entry way with a chance to rupture.

When I set my 2.5" hose up once we come out of winter budget, it will be just the same way I set up my 2" hose.

50ft-2, 25ft-2.5, 25ft-2.5, 25ft-2.5, 25ft-2.5, 50ft-2, 50ft-2. I figure if I can break the 2.5" hose down so I can run 25, 50, 75, 100 ft at a time, depending on how far the run is, it will be good. Most residentials do not exceed 150 but alot of times they are 125 ft runs, and it would be nice to keep the vacuum run as short as possible.

Greenie

First lead solution hose would be the length I need to accomplish 95% of my work, the other 5% I'll pull a 50 and plug it in 3x a month.

Same logic on the vac hose, I always seemed to pull 100' even if it was only 51' from the truck, so the first 100 I pretty much looked at like it was one long hose.

With the Magic of 2.5" you won't be so focused on knocking off 25' whenever you can as you work your way back out of the job, it's just that much more efficient....you don't notice the change in vacuum so an extra 25'-50' of hose strung out matters not, it's truly that cool.

I think because of the above we are getting more request for 75' sections, for some guys adding a 25' lead of 2" is the magic number and it puts the TM right behind you, the increase in vac is pretty significant when you are on 25' of lead hose.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Greenie said:
I think because of the above we are getting more request for 75' sections, for some guys adding a 25' lead of 2" is the magic number and it puts the TM right behind you, the increase in vac is pretty significant when you are on 25' of lead hose.

This puts a whole new definition on "whip" hose.

Ricky Thurman

I run 2" lead @ 50' and everything else behind that is 2.5"

I don't think I could do a 25' lead. That would bring the 2.5" too close and would be too difficult to work with.

This way, the 2.5" stays either right at the front door or maybe just inside the house 10 or 15 feet, so I don't really have to mess with it much until I'm ready to pull the majority of the hose out of the house and do that last front room.

wired

I run 50 feet of 2.5 and 30 feet 2.5 then 25 ft of 2in works perfect for me. Some times I only need 75 feet and with the greenglide wand there are times I can not lift the wand off the carpet.

KBRENNY

I have twp 50' sections of 2.5" and the rest of my reel is 2" in various lengths. On 90% of my jobs I run 15' of 2.5" hose to my filter, one 50' section of 2.5", and then a 25' section of 2" as a whip. I have them on the reel in the order I most normally need them to come off but after the above mentioned setup I have a 50' section of 2" in case the 25' whip hose is not enough. I have my solution line marked in different colors at 25' intervals so I know exactly what combination of vac hoses I need after I have pre sprayed and I am getting ready to set up my vac hoses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom