Hose reels

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
not hard to manage 75ft of hose.
keep them in 25ft lengths and use those velcro hose wrap/hanger thingies .
Hang hoses on side wall of van and use them as needed .

It takes up no floor space like reels do

..L.T.A.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
I use a reel.
Can use it live or take sections off and hook in direct so I don't blister any extra left on the reel.

Roll the first 50 off into handheld figure 8's, grab the next coupling as it comes around, run like the wind : )

Everyones system is tailored differently, I set up for speed and efficiency. Faster my tools come off the truck and get staged, the more time i can spend on flooring issues or socializing with the client.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I have a live vac and pressure reel set up I'm willing to sell and it's in Utica Ny just under 3 hours east of Buffalo. It's a White Magic set up!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Stacy,
Find someone (a Mikey Boarder) who's an experienced cleaner in your area and go for a ride along. It will be well worth it, even if you have to travel a little.
It will answer a lot of your questions, clarify many issues and be of great help to you.

I'd recommend Larry, as he'll possibly chip in a few shooting lessons. That way you'll know how to clean carpet and settle all scores :winky:

Seriously now, when I started, four score and seven years ago, a few rides along where of great help to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'd send her to Goomer in the NYC area he's a porty hack
also a sharp dude , so I'd bet he's pretty efficient

- I wonder which part of that description Goomer will appreciate more?

to the others with TMs, Stacy is a rookie using a porty in a Pinto ...L.T.A.

That sounds like a children rhyme, Larry. Is everyone in North East Ohio that poetic?

Abigail

Name
Stacy
Thanks guys. I currently use a soft golf bag for the vac hose (got it at Salvation Army for $2-3) I think the netting would be better, perhaps help with the smell!

I'm just east of Buffalo, long way from NYC !

And yes, I'm in a hatchback! But.. It's paid for!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The net bags are cheap and easy to carry in and out while keeping the snow and mud off your hoses. Reels are great but not necessary at this point. I'd get the bags, they keep you looking organized and the wash up well when dirty.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
And yes, I'm in a hatchback! But.. It's paid for!

nothing wrong with that, Stace
we all started somewhere .
i was just pointing out to those with poor reading/comprehension skillz that you're running a porty out of a non typical service vehicle

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
Stacy,
Find someone (a Mikey Boarder) who's an experienced cleaner in your area and go for a ride along. It will be well worth it, even if you have to travel a little.
It will answer a lot of your questions, clarify many issues and be of great help to you.

I'd recommend Larry, as he'll possibly chip in a few shooting lessons. That way you'll know how to clean carpet and settle all scores :winky:

Seriously now, when I started, four score and seven years ago, a few rides along where of great help to me.

yes...do this asap

Mikey P

Administrator
I started in a Datsun B210 Hatchback.

Nowhere to put a reel.

I am gonna guess that you just need to learn the over under wrap/roll technique.

A ride along or a ( nomination) to a trip to M10F is in order..

Reactions: Russ T. and GCCLee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom